4

Ophelia rolled over in her bed and rubbed her eyes. She let out a loud groan as she sat up.

"Good morning Mrs Shelby". Bonnie said.

She looked up at him and smiled softly. "It's Ophelia Bonnie. You don't have to call me that". He nodded and stood up.

"Here's some water". He softly muttered.

She smiled and grabbed the glass from him. She took some sips and sighed. She placed the glass on her dresser and got out of bed.

"Mary didn't see me in this state last night did she?" She asked.

Bonnie shook his head and answered. "No she was asleep. She left early this morning to so you have plenty of time to get up and recover". She nodded and walked towards the window.

She winced at the light.

She was never going to drink again.

"I'll wait downstairs whilst you get dressed. Call me if you need anything". He said.

Ophelia smiled softly and watched as he left the room. She sighed and peeled of her clothing. She pulled on a new dress. She put on her makeup and pinned her hair back.

She slipped on her shoes and stepped out of her room. She winced and walked down the stairs.

"Errr Tommy is here". Bonnie said quietly standing at the bottom of the stairs.

He placed his hand out for her to take. She smiled gently and grabbed his hand, stepping down from the last step.

Ophelia sighed. "Where is he?" She asked.

"Sitting room". He answered.

She nodded and squeezed his arm. "Thanks for staying with me Bon. You can go n0w it's probably going to get messy". Bonnie smiled and nodded his head.

"See you later Ophelia". He said closing the door gently behind him.

Ophelia sighed and looked at the door leading into the sitting room. She shut her eyes and took some deep breaths. She opened the door and stepped in. She looked up slowly and saw Tommy sitting down with two photo frames in his hand.

He didn't bother to look up at her to acknowledge her. After a few minutes she closed the door.

She made her way into the room and sat in the seat opposite him.

"Looking at these photos all I can see is this happy woman. A woman who loved her self and everyone around her. A woman who didn't smoke or drink. But now.....". He stopped and looked up at her.

"Now when I look at you all I see if this broken woman". He sighed and stood up placing the photos back on the fireplace.

He looked at the row of photos. There was one of her and Michael. Another of Arthur and John either side of her, a massive smile spread across her face.

He shook his head and spun around. His eyes immediately meeting hers.

"Care to tell me what actually happened last night?" He asked.

She sat straight in her seat and looked down at her hands. "I had a bit to drink that's all". She answered.

He shook his head and exclaimed. "A bit? Ophelia yo have two full bottles to yourself. Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?" His hands where on his hips as he looked down at her.

It was like he was disciplining a child.

"Why do you even care? It's not like you haven't gotten drunk in the past". She shouted.

He shook his head and said. "I care because your the mother of my children. Now get your act together or I'll make sure they move in with me indefinitely". She stood up and glared at him.

"You can't take my children away from me". She whispered.

He walked closer to her and whispered darkly. "Watch me. If I feel that your being an unfit mother I will. And after the state you where in last night.." he stopped and shook his head.

"I hate you". She seethed.

She hit him hard in the chest with her fists. Over and over again she hit him tears falling down her cheeks.

Harry entered the house and stopped in the door way. He rushed over to his sister and wrapped his arms around her. "Ophelia stop". He cried. He nodded for Tommy to leave.

He stopped in the door way and frowned at the mess that his wife had become. There on the ground was her younger brother cradling her, trying to calm her down.

He walked out of the house and placed a cigarette in his mouth.

"Thomas". A soft voice said from beside him.

He turned to see the old, frail lady he had gotten to know so well.

"Mary". He nodded.

She looked up at him and then back to the house. "I think it might be healthy for the both of you not to see each other from now on". She said looking up at the leader of the Peaky Blinders.

He frowned and turned fully to look at her. "Won't that be a bit hard with us having children together?" He asked.

Mary looked up at him and answered. "Get Polly to bring them back or one of your brothers. Your not healthy for her and she is definitely not healthy for you. Have you seen the state of that girl?" Mary shook her head and opened the door.

"Please I love the two of you equally and I don't want to see the two of you getting hurt anymore". She gave Tommy's arm a gentle squeeze before shutting the door in his face.

He let out a loud sigh and shook his head.

He walked down the road straight to the Garrison.