46

Ophelia stood beside the dead body of her brother. Her body shaking in an uncontrollable sadness. A tear slipped down her cheek as she bent down to kiss her brother goodbye one last time.

She clenched her eyes shut as she brought the sheet to cover his face.

She turned around and walked out. Her hand raising to take the doctors. As she gently shook it she said. "Please look after him. And make sure he stays on his back he hated lying on his side". The doctor nodded his head and gently helped her outside in the open.

She wiped away her tears and walked down the street, her hand pressed gently over her stomach.

"Ophelia". She heard a voice shout.

She turned her head to see Finn and Isiah rushing towards her.

"Please tell me it isn't true". Finn whispered.

But the look that was on Ophelia's face told him all he needed to know.

He threw his arms out as his sister in law slumped to the ground. Her tears were loud and agonising.

He gently rubbed her back as a tear fell down his face.

Harry was his closest friend, another brother in eyes.

He looked up at Isiah who just like Finn was teary-eyed.

"The rest of the family are at the pub, Brad and Charlie are there too". Finn said.

He helped her up and gently helped her along to the Garrison.

When they walked in everyone looked up, gently tipping their hats at the family.

They made their way into their private room and helped Ophelia sit down.

"Is...is it true?" Charlie asked.

She held out her hands for him to take and nodded her head.

She burst into tears as she held her brother close to her.

Bradley sat there with his hands in his hair. He was rocking back and forth.

"Bradley". Ada said gently placing her hand on his shoulder.

He looked up with tears falling down his cheeks.

After a long time, the crying had stopped and it came to complete silence.

The door opened as Tommy and Arthur entered.

"Ophelia". Tommy muttered rushing towards her.

She pushed his hands away as he went to grab her.

"You both promised me you would look after him". She muttered.

"You promised me all those years ago when he became a fucking Peaky Blinder that you would look after him and you would never send him on dangerous missions". She cried.

Arthur went to grab her shoulder but she shoved it away, standing up immediately.

"NO YOU PROMISED ME". She cried.

Bradley stood up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"It's not fair". She cried over and over again.

She sunk to the ground as she cried.

Polly looked up at her nephews and shook her head.

"Let's go home brother". Arthur muttered, gently dragging Tommy away.

Bradley gently rocked Ophelia as she cried on the ground.

"Come on let's go home". He muttered.

He helped her up and laid out a hand for Charles to grab.

Once they where home, Bradley payed the babysitter and helped Ophelia to her bed.

As she lay there, hugging her pillow she spoke.

Her eyes where trained at nothing in particular.

"I must of really pissed someone upstairs". She muttered.

Bradley shook his head and gently stroked her hair.

"No don't think like that". He muttered.

She looked up at him and cried softly.

"I've just got one brother back and now I've lost another". She shook her head and whispered. "Is it okay if I'm left alone".

Bradley sighed and stood up. "If you need me shout okay?" She nodded her head and shut her eyes. Her screams where muffled by her pillow as she cried herself to sleep.