14

Ophelia smiled widely as she sneaked behind a tall, buff man. She gently grabbed his sides and started to laugh as the man jumped.

"Hey, Ophelia". Bonnie said smiling widely.

She smiled up at him and hooked her arm through his.

"Hey, Bonnie". She said.

They walked down the road with each other, a brown bag was tucked under Bonnie's arm.

"What you got under your arm?" She asked.

He smiled and looked down at the bag. "Food for our dinner tonight. You should join us, dad misses you". He said.

She smiled widely and nodded. "Yeah, I'll join you. Thomas has the children tonight so I'm free".

He smiled and nodded. "It's a bit of a walk. No one knows where the camp is apart from me, Dad, Johnny and now you". He said. She smiled and nodded.

They finally came to the campsite.

"Ophelia my dear". Aberama said warmly.

He pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. "How are you dear?" He asked.

She smiled widely and answered. "I'm well thank you. And you?" They engaged in a small conversation before Bonnie announced he was going to make dinner.

Ophelia walked over towards him and joined him. She began to cut the veg. "How's the fighting?" She asked.

He smiled and answered. "Seasons over for boxing. I'm going to start training next week though". She nodded and threw the vegetables into the pot.

It was an hour later and their food was finally ready.

"Dinner was lovely". Ophelia said standing up. She collected the plates and walked into the trailer.

She washed the dishes whilst Bonnie dried.

"Thank you for tonight Ophelia. It really means a lot to me that you came". Bonnie said.

Ophelia smiled widely and squeezed his arm. "Anytime Bon. I mean your the only one that's really been here for me. The only one that's actually wanted to spend time with me". She smiled at him and handed him a plate.

She jumped as a gun went off.

"Dad". Bonnie muttered. He grabbed his shotgun and ran outside.

Ophelia wiped her hands on a cloth and ran out after him.

She frowned when she heard singing. It was more like chanting.

"Hello, Hello
We are the Billy Boys.
Hello, hello
We are the Billy Boys.
We're up to our knees in Fenian blood,
Surrender or you'll die,
We are the Brighton Derry Billy Boys".

Ophelia watched as a group of men dragged a massive cross.

Her eyes widened in fear as she hid behind Bonnie. She looked at Aberama who was on the ground.

"Drop the peashooter son". A man said.

Ophelia frowned trying to understand what he was saying. She knew that these were the men that Arthur was talking about.

"A broken brook stops all gipsy curses, Mr Gold". The man said standing in front of Aberama.

Ophelia gasped as he got kicked in the face.

"Who the fuck are you?" Bonnie asked.

His gun was now on the ground but his hands were used to keep Ophelia blocked.

"Did you not hear my song? These gentlemen are the Billy Boys. And me? I'm Jimmy". The man said.

He grabbed Bonnie's gun and whacked him in the face.

"Well aren't you a pretty one". He said to Ophelia.

She looked down at Bonnie and looked back up at Jimmy.

She pulled out a gun that was in her dress and pointed it towards Jimmy.

She let out a cry in pain as the same gun that hit Bonnie in the face was smashed into hers. She fell backwards the pain shouting all over the place.

She lifted her hand to her face. When she pulled it away her hand was covered in blood.

Jimmy turned to Bonnie and said. "Good. Mouth broke so you can't speak". He turned to Ophelia and said. "I didn't break your mouth though. I'm sure your voice is sweet. I've heard your the best singer in Birmingham Ophelia. Maybe you can sing me a song one of the days". She looked up and him and spat her blood at his feet.

She screamed in pain as one of the men stood on her fingers. She could hear the snap indicating that they had been broke.

"You work in a particular capacity for Mr Thomas Shelby, OBE. Am I right?" He asked Bonnie.

"I heard you're a fighter". He muttered.

Ophelia lay on the ground her eyes on Bonnie.

She couldn't move because the man's foot was still on top of her hand.

"The best. But your fighting days are over". Jimmy said.

Ophelia screamed as Bonnie was hit in the face again.

She tried to get up but was kicked in the face in the process.

"Because I need Mr Shelby to understand that his best is not good enough". Jimmy said pulling Bonnie up.

She cried as she watched him get tied to the cross.

The man that had kicked her in the face pulled her up by the hair. He turned her to face Bonnie as the cross was placed upon the ground.

"Bonnie". Aberama screamed.

Tears were streaming down Ophelia's face.

"Please don't hurt him". She screamed.

The man holding her up grabbed his gun and pointed it to her head. "Shut up you gypsy slut". He muttered.

"Farewell fighter boy. You died well". Jimmy said.

Ophelia screamed as Bonnie was shot in the head.

The man let her go as she fell to the floor. She looked up at the lifeless body of Bonnie.

"Tell Tommy Shelby it's time to fucking share". Jimmy muttered as he placed a piece of paper into Bonnie's trousers.

"We'll take all the track out as far as Nottingham. We'll take Cheltenham too. Overwise it will be Tommy Shelby who is crucified". Jimmy said getting right into Ophelia's face. He smirked and spat at her.

He stood up and said. "Come on boy". They all walked away leaving a crying Aberama and Ophelia alone.