5

Monday morning had rolled around. Ophelia was standing in the sitting room with a hot coffee and cigarette in her hand. Smoking was something that she never did but right now it was the one thing that could help her with her stress.

Her eyes drifted to the fireplace and sighed. She looked at the smiling faces of her brothers. The photo had been taken with John. The two boys where sitting either side of there uncle.

Ophelia smiled sadly at the memories of her uncle. The man that was just like a father to her.

They there was the other John. Her brother in law.

She smiled sadly and gently traced his face with her finger. The photo was of herself with John.

The sound of knocking interrupted her thoughts. She stubbed the cigarette into the ash tray and rushed to the door. She smoothed out her dress and opened the door.

She smiled widely as she looked at her children.

"Mummy". Charles shouted. She lifted her oldest child up and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek. She looked back and frowned when she saw Arthur and Finn.

"Is he not here?" She asked.

They both looked at each other and shook there heads.

"He's got business to attend to". Arthur said. He was holding a squirming John in his arms.

"I think he missed him mummy". He said smiling.

She smiled and gently grabbed him from Arthur.

"Hi baby". She said smiling down at her son. He smiled widely up at her and shouted. "Mummy". She shut her eyes as she hugged him tightly. She savoured each and every moment with her children.

"Where's Bronwyn?" She asked.

Arthur looked at Finn and clenched his lips.

"She wanted to stay and play dress up with Linda and little Billy". Arthur said.

Ophelia nodded and rested John on her hip. "Just Linda and Billy?" She asked.

Finn scratched his head and answered. "Lizzie and Ruby are there too". Arthur's head snapped to look at Finn.

"Thanks for telling me Finn". She said. He nodded his head and looked down at the ground, not wanting to look up at his angry brother.

"Right well I better get these two in. I'll see you around". She said as she grabbed Charles' hand. She slammed the door shut and sighed.

"Right are you hungry?" She asked smiling at her sons.

"No Lizzie made us food before we left". Charles said running into the living room. Ophelia nodded her head and followed him in.

"Can we play with are toys?" Charles asked.

She nodded her head and placed her youngest boy on the floor. She watched as they both played with there toys. She picked up her sowing and sighed looking down at it.

She felt tears forming in her eyes.

"Mummy". Charles said walking up to her.