21

Tommy rolled around and opened his eyes. He frowned when he felt something cuddle into him. He turned his head to see Ophelia fast asleep.

He sighed and pulled her closer into him. The events of the night before flooding his memory.

He turned his head as his door opened.

"Daddy". Charles said running towards him. He crawled into the bed and smiled widely.

He looked at Ophelia and shouted at the top of his lungs. "MUMMY". He pounced on top of her, laughing really loudly.

Ophelia frowned and opened her eyes. She looked at Tommy for a moment and then back to Charles.

"Hey baby". She muttered.

He crawled in between them a massive smile on his face.

Ophelia smiled and wrapped her arms around him.

"What we doing today?" He asked.

Tommy rubbed his eyes and looked down at his son. "What ever you want to do son". He muttered.

He looked at Ophelia and smiled gently.

She was looking down at Charles pulling faces.

"Can we go for a walk?" He asked.

Ophelia nodded and smiled.

"I don't want Lizzie coming with us". He said.

Ophelia snorted and sat up. "Right go get dressed for breakfast. I'll wake up the others and then after breakfast we can go for a walk. Maybe a picnic?" He smiled widely and climbed over Tommy.

He ran out the door, his innocence shinning.

Ophelia flopped back down on the bed and muttered. "Why can't I ever have a lie in?" She asked.

Tommy snorted and played with her hair gently.

"It's because are children has too much energy". He answered.

She snorted and nodded her head. She looked up at him and sighed.

"You okay?" He asked.

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah I'm fine. I better get the kids up". She said.

She stood up and grabbed her robe. She wrapped it around her and sighed softly as Tommy moved her hair to one side. He rested his head on her shoulder and muttered. "You know I love you don't you?" He asked.

She looked up and met his eyes in the mirror. A soft smile spreading across her face. "Of course I do". She turned around and faced him. "I love you too". He moved a piece of her hair away and sighed.

His hand dropped and he moved towards his wardrobe.

Ophelia left the room and entered John's room first.

She sat on his bed and gently shook him until he woke.

"Mummy". He squealed.