Chapter 2

Zeynep was glancing at emir every now and then. She kept eating and devouring her sandwich greedily. Trying to suppress a laugh at Emir's predicament.

He was squeezed in the small wooden chair with him wearing a very stylish and expensive suit in the middle of ordinary outdoor restaurant with people below his statu. He looked so out of place.

He was taking small bites of his sandwich. And it looked like the sandwich is going to bite him or something. Zeynep smirked.

"You don't have to eat that you know" Zeynep asked him.

"Huh" Emir acquired.

"The sandwich. You can leave it. I'll eat it"

Emir huffed and put the sandwich on the plate.

"I can't believe you still eat from the streets. If you missed food that much I could have taken you to another place. More... appropriate and surely more hygienic"

"Oh. Come on. Don't talk like my mother. I love these fish sandwiches. and they are so clean btw. And even if they weren't my immune system will handle it. Besides. Look at the view. It's priceless"

Zeynep looked around. They were sitting near the sea. The sound of the waves and birds and the soft cool breeze was Zeynep's favorite place. She wasn't the kind if girl that gets affected by wealth and high society status. In spite of living in the high class society. And being the older daughter if a very rich family. She liked to live by her own rules. Away from the fake, pretentious people that called themselves (The one percenters). And this have always put her at odds with her mother. Whose only cares about appearance and social status.

Emir was staring at her while she was looking at the see. And taking deep breathes. Her and Emir grow up together.

The kozcuoglu family was a second family to her. She gets along with Emir and Asu more than her own siblings. Asu was Emir's younger sister and she had a special character. But Zeynep was able to steal her heart and they became best friends with time. Zeynep had two siblings Nihan and Ozan. They were twins and they were their mother's dearest. Vildan used to treat them differently since they were her own flesh and blood. Being an adopted child made her realize that she must be thankful for what she got now and don't expect much from her mother. He father was her rock. He loved her dearly. Never treated her differently than her other siplings. But he was never that strong willed in front if ger mother. He was a peaceful man. That's how Zeynep used to describe him.

That's why Zeynep found her self more involved in the Kozcuoglus than her own family.

And that's how she became the best friend of the heir of the Kozcuoglu family. Emir was and still the most important person in her life. Their relationship was occasionally mistaken for being an intimate one because of their closeness. But the truth is totally different. Both of them had their own issues when growing up. Zeynep with being an adopted child and laking some of her mothers love. And Emir with his father's constant pressure on him to be a perfect fit for the kozcuoglu leader position. And that includes alot of yelling and fights between his parents over his father's crule treatment for him.

Zeynep and Emir found a solace in eachother. They used to spend all their time together and that went on to adulthood. When they are not busy with work and college they spend the time together doing crazy things. She used to talk to him about girly stuff and he used to Talk to her about what bothers him ans the girls he likes. No one understood their friendship but them. It was deep and pure. The bond they shared was stronger than the bonds shared by siplings or friends or even lovers. They were complementary.

......

Emir took Zeynep to her family house by the end if the day.

"Thank you for picking ne up at the airport. I've spent a very beautiful day. Like usual"

Emir looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Are you serious. Are you really thanking me. For what? Hey your adittude became a bit bolished in London. Come back to your default settings"

"You know what. You are right. Why would I thank you. It felt wired to me too. But I tried to be polite. It didn't work right"

"Nah. You looked silly"

"I know right. Okay bye idiot"

"Bye silly"

Zeynep walked away waved a hand at him who with out turning back. Emir left smiling. Happy ti have his best friend back.

Zeynep was happy to see her family. So are they. She had dinner wuth them and gave them their gifts and then she spent the whole evening with nihan. They missed each other so much. Of course they talked on the phone regularly but it's never enough fir girls. So they mad a girls night and spent it talking and catching up till morning.

Nihan was a very sweat and kind hearted girl. And she loved Zeynep so much. And was always looking up to her and considered her her role model in life. But Nihan was more obiduanc to her mother. She didn't have Zeybep's strong personality and independence.

As for Ozan he was more hus mother's spoiled child. He was sick with psychological issue since childh

Childhood that's why he was getting all the attention by the whole family. He was like their baby brother even if he was the same age as nihan.
.
Zeynep waa grateful for the family she had. She didn't want to think about what her life could have been like if the Sisins haven't adopted her. And mostly she was thankful for knowing Emir. He was so important to her as much as she know she is important to him too.
.
Emir was so delighted that Zeynep came back he missed her so much. Yes he have other friends and girlfriends but non of them can understand him and tolerate him as Zeynep do. She was something else. And now that she's here he's going to make up for the time they've lost.