Chapter 33

Two days have passed since Emir knew the truth. Two days and he can't even look at Zeynep without feeling guilty. The amount of lies he was carrying were so heavy it was suffocating him. His sour mood didn't go unnoticed by Zeynep. She asked him several times but he told her that he's busy with Aksoy's problem. Which is not entirely a lie. Emir wanted to take care of Aksoy first before he tell Zeynep anything. And that what he was doing the last couple of days.
Soon he'll kick this man out of their lives. Then he'll take Zeynep in his arms and explain everything and hopefully she'll understand and forgive him.

At the evening Emir was sitting in his office at the holding. Zeynep called him several times asking him if he's coming home but he told her he'll come a bit late.

It was the night of Aksoy's shipment. Emir set him a trap for him. As soon as Aksoy's men unload the shipment the police will hit. Emir informed the police that some gang was threatening him and they were using one of his warehouses without his permission but he withheld telling them Aksoy's name. The police were able to bust the shipment with Aksoy's men without putting Emir in any legal problem.

Mehmet already informed Emir that everything went as they planned.
And now Emir was looking at his phone ringing non stop. Aksoy was calling him for the tenth time and Emir just looked at the phone with a smirk. He know that Aksoy will come to him. So he waited.

And indeed. In exactly thirteen minutes Aksoy came barging into Emir's office with his two men, guns in their hands and pointed at Emir.

"Is that how you keep your words Kozcioglu? You missed with the wrong crowd. Now you'll pay for it" Aksoy spitted his words angerly.

Emir rolled his eyes at him as if he was expecting this reaction.

"Please Mr. Aksoy, have a seat. A class of water maybe" Emir retorted nonchalantly, making the other man lose his temper completely.

"YOU SON OF BITCH, I LOST MILLIONS OF DOLLARS BECAUSE OF YOU" Aksoy screamed, still pointing his gun at Emir's head. Emir kept looking at him nonchalantly.

"Not because of me Mr. Aksoy. It was because of you. YOU messed with the wrong person. I won't let anyone threaten my loved ones and get away with it"

"You fool, you'll go to prison as well. The place is yours. You'll take the plame. My men will never speak to the police"

"Yes, maybe you won't go to prison, but neither am I. There's nothing that links my name to what happened tonight. Perhaps, only the fact that I was the one who tipped the police" Emir said smugly. Smiling at Aksoy provocatively.

"You're going to pay. I swear to Go.... "

"Sashshsh.... " Emir interrupted him.

"Tell your men to leave so we can talk. We're going to have the second part of tonight's conversation, privately"

Aksoy looked at him as if he was crazy, Emir kept looking at him blankly, one of his eyebrows raised.
Aksoy ordered his men to leave.

"Have a seat" Emir offered to the man and the man sat impatiently.

"Tell me what you have to say before you die" The man threatened and Emir chuckled.

He opened the lid of his laptop and turned to Aksoy to see what's on the display.

It was a video of Aksoy and several gang bosses exchanging drugs and weapons.

Aksoy looked at the feed with eyes wide opened not believing what he was seeing. Emir put men behind Aksoy since the first time he came to his office.

Aksoy looked at him with anger and a bit of fear.

"You son of bitch.. "

"Watch your tongue.. I don't appreciate poor manners"