Chapter 34

Emir finished his work early, he wanted to go to the restaurant he was taking Zeynep to. He wanted to look over the preparations himself. He reserved the whole place for just the two of them.

He was going to tell Zeynep everything so he wanted her comfortable as much as possible.

Emir was heading to the restaurant when he decided to call Zeynep. He missed hearing her voice. He wanted to know what she was doing preparing for their night out.

Emir waited for her to answer but it went to voice mail. He called again but it went the same. No answer. Where's she? She doesn't stay away from her phone for two meters. Could she be in the shower. Maybe. But this assumption didn't help him that much. He got worried and was about to turn the care and go home but his phone rung with un upcoming message from her.

(Hey, sorry. I'm a bit busy right now. Call you later. Love you).

Emir was a bit confused by he short clipped answer but he thought she might be busy with the hair stylist or something. Zeynep doesn't do anything easily. If she's going on a date. She does it right. Hair styling, manicure, pedicure and all. Emir smiled at the thought. His crazy little one.

....

"Ehh. I never thought I would write (I love you) to that boy. Ewe" Aksoy said playing with Zeynep's phone.

"You'll pay for what you did. Emir won't let you get away with this" Zeynep spitted angerly. Squirming in her chair trying to free herself. The rope they tied her with starting to hurt her wrist.

"Emir can do nothing. I'm leaving the country today. But he. He'll lose everything today" Aksoy said smugly. Leaning on the chair he was sitting on facing Zeynep.

"What are you talking about. What are you going to do to him? " Zeynep said with a fearful expression.

"I won't do anything he haven't already done to himself"

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you husband and parents are lying at you for years"

"What are you talking about? If you mean the deal you made with my father. Emir told me everything. He doesn't hide anything from me" Zeynep defended.

And Aksoy burst laughing in a disgusting way.

"Ahh. You're such a silly girl. What would have happened if you agreed to marry me? I wouldn't hide the truth from you"

"What truth?"

"The truth about you mother" Aksoy said it in as a matter of fact.

"What? M.. My mother?" A frown marred her forehead.

"Yes, your mother. Leyla Kanarly"
Zeynep heart topped at she gasped.

"What?? What are you saying? It can't be" Zeynep managed to say weakly.

"Yes, Leyla is your mother. Oh and she's Veldan's sister by the way. What? You didn't know that?? Wait until I tell you the big bomb... " Aksoy's mouth curled in an evil smirk.
He leaned over to whisper into her ear.

"Onder is your biological father" Zeynep started shaking her head frantically.

"No. No. No. You're lying"

"Am I? Why don't you ask your husband? He knows everything".

Zeynep's eyes widened, her heart hammered as her breaths sped up, remembering everything that happened in her life. Her mother's rejection of her compared to Onder's  love and the constant look of guilt in his eyes that she always thought it was because of Veldan's lake of interest in her. And now, Leyla's appearance suddenly out of nowhere and her unnecessary affection and kindness.

And finally, the photo. And Emir. Emir knew everything. Is that what he wanted to tell me? Why now? This a nightmare.

Zeynep couldn't hear anything over the rush of blood in her ear. Tears streaming down her face uncontrollably. She couldn't even hear what Aksoy was saying. She just felt one of his men cut the rope around her wrists and put her car keys in her hand. She lifted her head to look at Aksoy's victorious face looking at her smugly.

"I have to admit that I feel a little sorry for you. You're surrounded with traitors and liers since you were born. Ehh. Anyway. Our job is done here. You're free to go. your car outside"
With that Aksoy turned around and left.

Zeynep stayed rooted in her place not able to move. He head was such a mess. Her heart was hurting her with every beat. They lied to her. They treated her like a fool. But why? Why this cruelty? What's wrong with people? She has a lot of questions. And it's time for everyone of them to answer them. One by one.

.
.

Emir came home earlier that he planned. He was excited to see Zeynep and take her out but was dreading the conversation they were going to have. Emir went to his room immediately but he couldn't find Zeynep. He went down and called for Eda.

"Eda, have you seen Zeynep? Where's she?"

"She's not here Emir bey. She left this morning and hadn't came back yet"

"What? What do you mean she left since morning? Where did she go? "

"I don't know Emir bey. She said the needed to go somewhere, she was a bit on a hurry" Eda answered.

Emir was confused and scared. Where did she go? Maybe she went to Nihan or Leyla.

Emir called Nihan in his way to Leyla's house. Nihan told him that she saw her in the morning and left.
Emir hoped he'll find her at leyla's.  She has to be there.

Emir arrived to Leyla's house and knocked on the door frantically. Eyhan opened the door with Leyla standing behind him.

"What is Emir? What are you doing here? " Eyhan asked, confused.

"Where's Zeynep? " Emir asked.

"Please tell me she's here" Emir pleaded.

"No Emir she's no here. Why? What happened? Where's my baby girl? " Leyla said worriedly coming to stand in front of Emir.

"I don't know, she left this morning and I didn't come back.. I have to go find her" Emir said and turned around to leave when he came face to face with Zeynep standing behind him near the stairs. He couldn't believe his eyes. She's here. With fast steps he hurried to her and took her in his arms.

"God.. Zeynep where were you? I almost lost my mind"

Emir mumbled into her hair. Hugging her to his chest tightly but she didn't bug him back. She stood there like a statue.

Emir noticed her intense composure and bulled away. It took him a single look into her eyes for him to make his blood run cold. His heart stopped at the look of disappointment, pain, anger and weakness in her eyes. It takes longer to an ordinary person to understand Zeynep. But Emir, it only takes a look for him to know that she knows. She knows everything.