Chapter 29

Zeynep arrived at the restaurant where she was supposed to meet her new client. Usually she would meet her clients in her company but this one asked to meet with her in a more comfortable seating out of the frame of usual business meetings ; therefore he invited her to his restaurant.

The place was good but obviously needs some renovation. Zeynep understood that the man probably wanted to meet her in the place she would do renovation for.

The waiter led her to her tables. She didn't wait a lot, a man came from the inside of the restaurant and walked towards her with a big smile on his face.

The man seemed to be in his mid fifties. Wearing a grey suit without a tie. his walk and the way he carried himself told her that he's not a man who lived the easy life of riches. He must have worked a lot to get to where he's now.

The man approached her, extending his hand for her she immediately stood up and took it.

"Wellcome to my humble restaurant Mrs. Kozcioglu" The man said warmly.

"Thank you" Zeynep replied kindly.

"Let me introduce you to myself. My name is Eyhan Kanardly. A freelance businessman. It's nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" Zeynep replied softly.

"Please have a seat" The man said then he yelled for one of the waiters to bring coffee.

Zeynep felt something strange about this man but not a bad feeling. He doesn't seem threatening.

"Ehh. How did you find the place?" Eyhan said as soon as he sat down.

"Um.. It's lovely but needs some modern renovation. Is that why I'm here?"

"Actually yes, but it's not the restaurant I wanted to talk to you about... My wife and I just came back to Istanbul recently. We weren't thinking about settling down in this city at first but my wife loved the place. We recently bought a new house but it needs some artistic touche. My wife adores art. So, she was looking through some companies and her eyes landed on yours. My wife loves young minds that's why we contacted you" The man rambled none stop and Zeynep tried to absorp all this.

"She seems to be a lovely person" Zeynep complimented kindly.

"Yes she is" Eyhan said with a soft sigh. Zeynep smiled softly. It's obvious that this man loves his wife very much.

"So, young lady. We want you to renovate our house and then the restaurant. What do you say? " Eyhan asked.

"Um. Yes, sure. I'll do my best. But first I have to see the house and we should agree on the time and the cost you are comfortable with then we'll pick the design you like. I also have to meet your wife for this to be performed"

"Of course, that's alright. Let's set an appointment when you're free then you can come to our house and meet my wife. She'll be happy to see you and will tell you everything you need to know. I as an old fashion guy I don't really have an insight about these kind of things"

"Why, don't you like art? " Zeynep asked curiously.

"Oh. I love art. But not this kind of art. I love old movies and music. I also love Poetries and poems. I'll read you some if you want"

"Wow. Do tell. I'm curious to hear" Zeynep said, Smiling. She loved listening to this man. Weird.

Her meeting with Eyhan took another hour. She enjoyed his company. She took his house address and agreed to visit his house in two days.

After Zeynep left. Eyhan took his phone and called his wife.
She picked at the first ring.

"Eyhan, please tell me what happened" She asked worriedly. He voice shaking.