Chapter 14

It was 12 am. When Emir arrived home. He was avoiding Zeynep since their wedding. He didn't want to fight with her or more accurately he couldn't pare to see the look of betrayal in her eyes eveytime he looked at her. But his attempt to avoide her was ended when he found her sitting in the living room waiting for him.

"Kucugum? Why are you still awake" Emir said nonchalantly.

"First, don't call me that. Second, we need to talk"

Emir sighed and stepped towards her
"I'm tired. We'll talk in the morning. Now go to sleep" Emir said shortly and turned to go upstairs.

"No. We're talking now" Zeynep screamed getting up from the sofa and wslked to him.

"Enough. Emir. Enough. It's time you tell me the truth.  Now"

"What truth?" He asked playing dumb.

"Don't play with me Emir. This is not a game. I'm loosing my mind here. You kepte in this house and never show up. You ignore me in the morning and act like a jerk. Damn it you weren't like that when we were freinds. Was that all fake. What the happened to you??"

Emir was starting to get irritated by her words and took a deep breath.

"Look Zeynep. I'm sorry okay. I never wanted this to happen."

"Then why it did? Why did it happen?  Why did you marry me?"

And here go the million dollar question.

Neither Zeynep can drop it nor Emir can answer it.

"You know why I married you Zeynep. Don't keep asking"

"No. I don't believe this whole stupid excuse to save my family and what not.. I want the truth" Zeynep insisted.

Emir knew that Zeynep is so smart to believe that poor excuse. So he stayed silent. He can tell her. He just can't. It'll destroy her.

Zeynep took a step towards him and took his hand that was clutched into a fist and put it between hers.

"Emir. Don't expect me to believe that you. The man the I trust with my ehole life. To just turn out to a manipulative snake who blackmailed me to marry him.. this isn't you. You could never be. Tell me the truth.  Please"

By the time she was finshed both had tears in their eyes. Emir lift his hand to her cheek and caressed it.

Zeynep's eyes fluttering for a second at his touch. They stayed like that for a moment. Their longing for each other was appearant. They missed each other. They missed their easy friendship. they missed being normal. Because their relationship was anything but normal right now.

Emir took a deep breathe then spoke. Hes voise hoarse and soft.

"I wish I could tell you Kucugum. I really wish"

"So. I'm right. There's more to it than what you told me"
Emir couldn't say anything but node.

"Then why it's so hard for you to tell me?"

"Because sometimes. The things we know may distroy us so we wish we never known them"

"What is it Emir. What should I know?"

"You shouldn't know anything. It's better for you."

"Even if it costs you our relationship"

"Yes zeynep if losing you is the payment of me protecting then I'll do it"

"Don't pretend to protect me from the truth Emir. Truth never harms anyone"

"This time it will" then he turned around and went upstairs. Not letting her question him more.