Chapter 37

Three days passed.

Three days since Zeynep walked out of her house never looking back. Emir was going crazy. Everyone was looking for her.

Emir, Eyhan, Kemal, Asu even the police. After she left that night Emir never slept. He was looking for her day and night. After twenty four hours of her disappearance. Emir informed the police. They couldn't find her. Not by her phone's signal nor by her credit cards. Nothing.

After what Aksoy did Emir gave the video he have to the police. The police captured him before he was able to run away. Emir wanted to catch him himself and kill him but he was busy looking for Zeynep. He even asked the police to try to know if Aksoy had a hand in her disappearance but he denied having anything to do with it. He even confessed that he kidnapped her but he didn't know where she is now.

Emir almost lost his mind. What if something happened to her? What if she did something to herself?
But Zeynep is not like that. She won't hurt herself. But where did she go?

Emir was sitting in his office waiting for Mehmet to bring him something, anything. He asked him to look for her in hotels, in the outskirts of the city. Specifically the ones close to the sea.

Zeynep loved the sea. She used to run to it with her problems. She used to say that it listened to her. He was pulled of his thoughts by Mehmet's call telling him that they found a woman with her descriptions in a small hotel out of the city. Emir drove his car and hurried to the place.

Emir arrived to the hotel he asked the manager about her name and descriptions but he didn't know anything but luckily one of the workers was able to identify her by her picture. He told him that she just left the hotel but hasn't checked out, perhaps she went for a walk.

Emir hurried outside and looked for her near the sea. He was right. She picked a smart place. Hard to find but close to what she loves.

Emir looked around and his heart stopped when he saw her sitting at one of the benches facing the water. He stood there observing her from a far. God. How much he was scared and worried! How much he missed her! Even from this far he was able to read her clearly. She was hurt and tired. His heart clinched in his chest at his little one and what she was going through. He didn't know if it was right for him to approach her now. If it was safe for him to talk to her without causing more rifts between them.

But someone has to reach to her. Someone she trust. Some one she's not mad at. Emir took his phone and called Mehmet.

"Mehmet. Bring Nihan to the location you gave me. As fast as possible"

....

It was almost dark when Zeynep went to her room. Emir asked for a room to stay and he wanted a room where he can keep an eye on her without her seeing him.

By the time Nihan arrived with Kemal and Mehmet. Emir led her to Zeynep's room. Nihan knew what to do. She just needs to be a sister. That all.

Nihan knocked at the door and Zeynep opened. Zeynep was surprised at seeing Nihan standing in front of her. Nihan stepped inside and hugged her tightly. Zeynep hugged her back weakly. She was still surprised.

"How are you Zeynep? You got us really worried" Nihan said when she pulled back.

"How.. How did you find me?" Zeynep asked and Nihan gave her a look.

"Ahh. Let me guess, Emir" Zeynep nodded, already knowing that he was the one who found her. She was kinda waiting for him to do that. It took him only three days. Wow. Very resourceful.

"Why did he sent you? Where is he?" Zeynep asked curiously moving to sit on the bed.

"He's somewhere. Why did you leave like that Zeynep? You're being hard on everyone "

"Nihan, you don't know anything.. "

"I know everything.. Emir told me"
Zeynep chuckled.

"Lucky you"
Zeynep said looking down. Nihan moved to sit beside her.

"Are you annoyed by my presence? I know.. What my Mom did...... "

"Shshshsh.. Nihan. Don't say anything. You and Ozan are my siblings. My relationship with my parents is over but you and Ozan are not included"

"What about Emir?" At Nihan's question, tears started gathering in Zeynep's eyes.

"What about him?" Zeynep said in a low voice.

"Don't you think you're being hard on him a bit? Yes, he did a mistake. But he hid the truth because it was so ugly Zeynep. How can he tell you something like that?"

"But I had the right to know Nihan. Even if it was going to burn me"

"Yes, but this is Emir we're talking about. He prefers to keep you in the dark for as long as possible if it meant you won't get hurt. Hell, he may wish he could put you in a safe and look you up and not let a swift of air touch you. You know he may have made a bad decision in keeping this secret from you but he means well"

"I know that Nihan. I know that he didn't mean to hurt me.. I know that he's the only one who won't hurt me intentionally but he did. Lies hurts Nihan"

"Yeah. You're right. But think about what I said and don't be hard on him. You two are made for each other don't punish him for other's mistakes. Okay?"

"Okay.. Thank you. I needed to hear that" Zeynep grabbed her sister's hand and smiled at her softly.

"Umm. I wanted to tell you something. Dad had a heart attack.."

"What?" Zeynep got worried for a moment then remembered what they had did to her and closed her eyes tightly.

"He's okay now. Still at the hospital but his condition is stable "

Zeynep nodded.

"And one more thing.. " Nihan said. Zeynep nodded at her to go ahead.

"I loved you like my sister when we thought you were adopted. And now I'm so happy that we're carrying the same blood. If that meant anything. It made me love you more" Nihan said and Zeynep's tears started falling for the first time since that night.

"Nihan" Zeynep said in a chocking voice and Nihan pulled her to her chest. Zeynep cried and cried. Pouring all her pain out.

After a while she was was able to breath again and the heaviness in her chest lessened a bit. When it was time for Nihan to leave Zeynep stopped her at the door.

"Umm. Nihan, I wanted to ask you something"
Zeynep said a bit shyly.

"Go ahead sweetheart"

"Emir, he's here, isn't he?" Zeynep asked with hesitation. Nihan thought for a minute.

"Okay, I'll tell you. He's here but you didn't know from me" The girls chuckled. Then Nihan looked at her lovingly.

"Talk to him.. When you're ready. I don't think he's going anywhere"
Zeynep nodded. And Nihan left. 

Nihan found Emir and Kemal sitting in the lobby talking. They stood and came to here when they saw her.

"How is she?" Emir asked.

"She's going to be fine. She's a tough girl but so sensitive you know her" Emir nodded.

"Just give her some time. Zeynep can't live without you. She'll come around"

"Yeah, I'm staying here" Emir said.

"That's for the best.. I think we should leave now" Nihan said looking at Kemal.

"Nihan, Kemal. Thank you for being here" Emir shook Kemal's hand and gave Nihan a hug, thanking them for being here. The couple left and Emir went to his room. He couldn't sleep much. Happy that Zeynep is sleeping right beside his room. She's here and safe, that's enough for him.

Zeynep stayed awake for a couple of hours, thinking about what Nihan said. Then she has fallen asleep.
For the first time that night Zeynep was able to sleep. Maybe her talk with someone was good for her. Or maybe the fact that Emir is so close to her made her feel safe enough to fall asleep. His mere presence is enough to put her at peace. But she needs time to be able to talk to him. Just a little time.