Chapter 38

The next day Zeynep didn't leave her room the whole day, she didn't want to accidently run into Emir. She wasn't ready to talk to him yet.

In the evening. She was pacing her room back and forth. She can't keep herself locked in her room just because Emir was out there. So she left the room carfully to not let anyone see her. She tiptoed along the corridor until she reached the elevator. She just wanted to get out, breath a little.

Fortunately, she was able to leave the main door of the hotel without accidents. Perhaps Emir was in his room. Which was partially relieving, but the other girly part of her wished she would have saw him, even if a small glimpse of him. She didn't want to admit that she actually left the hotel room for that reason but no. She won't admit it. Zeynep tightened her coat around her and walked towards the sea when suddenly she stopped in her tracks.

Emir was sitting on her bench. Well, not hers but the one she usually sit on. Quickly, she hid behind a tree. She observed him from afar. His back was to her but she was able to notice how much exhausted he was. He was leaning over, his elbows on his knees. Eyes looking forward. Then he lowered his head, Zeynep's heart tightened in her chest and tears swelled her eyes. She wished she can go and hug him, she missed him a lot but she's not that strong. She was such a mess.

Not able to stand there any more she turned and run back to the hotel. She kept running until she reached her room. Her heart was beating fast. This man. Damn him. Why should he be like that. He came for her, stayed for her. How can someone be so patient and understanding. The stupid lier. Well, a hot, stupid lier.

Ugh. Zeynep. Get it together.
Her personal monologue took another hour with her going between pacing and sitting on her bed, then pacing again.

Not able to take this torture anymore she took her phone and opened the details of his number. She took a deep breath.

(Okay Zeynep, it's easy. Call him and talk. Just talk. He's Emir right. Not a stranger, okay).

Done with her private conversation with herself.
She called his number and waited.

Emir was pacing in his room. He didn't see Zeynep the whole day. She was locking herself up in her room. If it wasn't for the workers of the room service who told him that she was fine he would have barged into her room. Time go to hell.

He was about to go to the bathroom to wash his face when his phone rung. Emir couldn't believe what he was seeing on the display of his phone. Without waiting another second he answered.

"Zeynep?" But there was only silent. Zeynep in the other side was frozen. She forgot what she wanted to say at hearing his voice. Sadness crushed her soul suddenly and she felt like crying again.

"I.. I know your here" She said in a weak voice

"Do you want me to come to you?" Emir said already opening the door of his room. It only took him a couple of steps to reach heres. He stood their waiting for her answer.

"Yes, please" She said in a chocking voice trying to hold her tears.

Just then she heard a knock on her door.

"Open the door Kucugum" Emir said.
Zeynep moved to the door and opened it. Eyes wide open, not believing that he was standing at her door. Before she can say a ward Emir stepped inside and took her in his arms. He hugged her tightly, burying his face in her neck, inhaling her smell. Zeynep's tears were flowing freely and a sob shook her body. She clinged into him tightly and cried.

"Shshsh... It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here"

They stayed like that. Her clinging to him and him mumbling soothing words and caressing her back. Just when her sobes subsided Emir pulled back and took her face between his hands.

"Let me look at you.. I missed you so much.. Don't do this again. Ever. Don't disappear on me like that. Ever again.
Do you understand?" He said pointedly, looking into her teary eyes. She nodded repeatedly.

"I'm sorry" She said through her tears and Emir took her in his arms again.

"No, sweetheart. I am sorry. I'm sorry about everything"

Later, the were sitting on the bed facing each other.

"I'm sorry, I hid the truth about your father.. I was planning to tell you everything that night, I swear" Emir said, taking her hand in his.

"I know.. I'm sorry I took it all on you. You didn't deserve that. I said horrible thi.... "

Emir put his finger on her lips, not letting her continue.

"No, you were right. If I told you earlier none of this would have happened. I should have known that the truth will come out someday. In the ugliest ways. This could have been avoided if I was honest with you, years ago. Even with Aksoy's deal. I should have told you. And for that I'm sorry" Emir apologized.

"It's okay، I forgive you Emir" Zeynep said honestly.

"Really?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes, Emir. I forgive you. You're the only one I'm able to forgive. My parents... I can't " Zeynep said, shaking her head.

"It's Okay.. You knew about your father?"

"Yes, Nihan told me"

"And how are you feeling?"

"Honestly, I don't know Emir. I'm so mad at him but he's my father, I don't want him to get sick or die..  I actually feel guilty because I told him that he's dead to me"

"Your father will be fine Zeynep. Don't think about anything right now, Okay?"

"Okay" She replied softly.
Emir caressed her hair.

"Emir, My mother. Leyla. Did you see her? "

"Yes, she was worried about you. I called her yesterday"

"What should I do now, Emir? With my new reality, I mean"

"You can start with trying to get to know your mother more. She's seems like a great person. A tough one. Just like my girl here" Emir said pinching her nose playfully. Zeynep chuckled.

"I'm happy you're here Emir. Thank you for not giving up on me"

"I would never give up on you"

"I love you"

"I love you too.. Come here"

Emir pulled her closer. She sat on his lab and they hugged tightly.
Emir grabbed her face with one of his hands and looked at her. Zeynep's breath hitched and her stomach turning with butterflies.

Emir pulled her face closer pressing their mouths together. They kissed. Sealing a new promise. That whatever happens in their life. They had each other. Zeynep knew that she trusts him. She's certain that he won't break her trust again. And she know with certainty that she'll spend the rest of her life loving him.