Chapter 21

What do you want?"
Emir said impatiently. Leaning on his chair. Aksoy sat in front of him.

"What I want is obvious, we made a deal. I'll give up on the girl and you'll give me something in return. Now that I saw her. I kinda regret this arrangement" Aksoy said with a smirk.

"Watch yourself. One more word about her and you'll learn what regret is" Emir threatened. Feeling his blood boil at what Aksoy was implying.

"Calm down kid. I still think that you don't really know who you're talking to. So I'll let it slid" Aksoy said with same heat. Then he leaned back sitting more comfortably. "Now, how about we talk about our partnership?"

"There's no partnership. I can't give you a place in Kozcioglu... "

"I don't want a place in here either" Aksoy interuppted and Emir looked a little surprised.

"What do you want then?"
Emir asked, intrigued. And Aksoy smirked.

"You see. I run a special business, so different from yours. Let's say a business more in the dark side. You know what I mean" Aksoy said with a smirk as if Emir didn't know what a criminal he is.  Emir nodded. With faked interest.

"As we all know the authorities in this city are so uptight about what comes and goes through the harbors, that includes my shipments. I can get them on land safely but I need a place near by to store them in it, temporarily.
Fortunately, You have multiple warehouses in that area. Now if you let me store my shipment in one of them I'll be very satisfied" Aksoy finished confidently with a carefree smile on his face as if he was discussing the weather. Not plotting to use the Kozcioglu name as a cover for his shady business. Emir knows what those shipments are. Drugs, weapons and God knows what else. Emir was fuming.

"You've lost your mind" Emir said, shaking his head at this man's nerve.
"You want to store your shit in one of my whorehouses, and use me to spread your poison in this city? And you're expecting me to agree? So yes, you've lost your mind"

Aksoy burst laughing at Emir's horrified expression.
"It seems to me that you are the only one who'd lost his mind. I'm offering you the easiest way out. You'll be stupid to refuse. Either that or you'll give me ten percent of the company shares"

"What if I refused?" Emir said stubbornly.

"Then you'll be bidding for a war. I'll destroy your name, your company and the people you love" He emphasized on the last word and Emir stood up.

"I'll kill you before you even think to come near the people I love" Emir said furiously.

Aksoy stood up too, bottoning his jacket.
"I'll give you twenty four hours to give me your last answer. A little advice kid, think twice before you get in a war with the mafia. Think about your beautiful wife and the secrets she shouldn't know" Aksoy smirked.

"What are you talking about? What secrets?" Emir asked. Feeling his heart fall in his feet.

"I think you know exactly what I mean. Have a nice day if you can. And say Hi to your wife for me"

With that Aksoy left and Emir stayed rooted in his place, he put his both palms on his desktop and leaned on it.

Taking a few breathes to calm himself but it didn't work. What the hell is he going to do? Give the man what he wants and put all his family name and reputation on risk. And probably their freedom too? Or igniting a war with the mobster and put their lives on risk? What secrets this man knows? Does he know about Zeynep's mother? How did he know? Emir couldn't control this pressure any more.

"Let me breath people. LET ME FUCKING BREATH, DAMN IT" Emir yelled and swept all the contents of his desk away. Letting them fly in different directions.

Then he fell down on his chair. Feeling numb and tired. His anger and his fears were all mixed up. He just needs to breathe.. He just needs to breathe.

.......

Zeynep was sitting impatiently in her office. The talk with Aksoy took some time and she felt restless. She knew if she went to them now she'll make things more complicated. But she was worried about Emir. Not really caring about his reaction she got up and went out of her office. This deal happened because of her. She's somehow part of it and she should have a say in things. Right?

Her steps deflated a bit when she saw Aksoy leaving Emir's office. A smug look on his face. He saw her from a far and gave her a wink. Zeynep grimsed, disgusted by his look. She thought about giving him the middle finger but she remembered that she's the wife of the boss and didn't want to risk anyone see her doing something like that. Her thoughts were cut by the crushing noises from Emir's office.
She rushed to the door and opened it finding Emir sitting in his chair. The defeated look on his face broke her heart. She went inside and approached him.

"Emir, are you okay?" She said carefully.

"I want to stay alone. Leave Zeynep, please" He said with a low, tired voice.

"No, I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened" She crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Nothing happened, Zeynep. Just give me a few minutes"

"So you're not going to tell me what happened? You promised that you won't hide anything from me... "

"FOR FUCKING SAKE, I SAID GIVE ME SOME FUCKING MINUTES " Emir screamed at her. Furiously he took his jacket and left his office. Zeynep was shocked by his outburst.

She followed him and called his name but he was already inside the elevator.

Zeynep run her balms over her face, trying to calm herself. She may have pressured him a bit because she was scared and wanted to know what happened but he doesn't have the right to yell at her like that.
Asu saw the whole exchange and came to her side.

"What happened, Zeynep? Why did he go like that? Did you two have a fight?" Asu asked worriedly.

"I don't know Asu. I don't know anything anymore" Zeynep left Asu and went to her office,  collecting her things she headed home. This day was such a mess.