Chapter 16

Emir and Zeynep arrived home and Emir led her to his home office. Zeynep tried to get him to talk the whole car ride but he didn't answer her therefore Zeynep was so frustrated and annoyed.

"Emir, you promised you'll tell me everything. Why are you stalling" Zeynep said as soon as they went inside his office.

"I'm not stalling Zeynep. I just want you to calm down a bit"

"Alright I'm calm, go ahead. Explain" Zeynep said curtly.

She sat on the lether sofa, hands gripping her knees. She was far from being calm. She was furious and terrified at the same time. Part of her wanted to know the truth but the other part dreaded it.
Emir came to sit on the coffee table in front of her.

Hesitated, he took her hands in his easing her hard grip and raised them to his mouth kissing them. This was hard for him as much as it was hard for her.

"Look. You have to know that I only hide it from you because I didn't want you to hate your parents. And you have to know that no thing will happen to you as long as I'm breathing"

"Ok..ay" Zeynep said with a trembling voice.

"Please Emir just.. Let's get this over with"

"Okay"

Emir told her everything he knows. From the time her father started struggling with his company to the moment he knew about the deal. And how he made Aksoy retreat from going on with it. And how Aksoy came to the party to collect his dept from Emir.

The whole time Zeynep was silent. If it wasn't for the river of tears coming down her face Emir would've thought she's not in this world anymore.

Emir saw the hurt in her eyes. He saw how her heart broke into pieces. All that and he didn't even dare to tell her about the identify of her biological father. This will destroy her completely. He can't drop another bomb on her while she was in this state of break down. So he kept it to himself like he did all these years she doesn't need to know that now.
Emir waited for Zeynep to say anything but she was completely silent.

"Zeynep please say something" Emir pleaded. Tears flowing down his face as well.

"My...  my parents sold me out to that man?" Zeynep spoke with a stutter.

"They sold me out to save us from bankruptcy? And you stepped up to save me?" Zeynep continued in a pained voice. Shaking her head still not believing what she just heard.

"I'm so sorry Zeynep. I never wanted you to see your parents this way".

"I hated you Emir. I blamed you for everything".

"It's okay.. it's okay" Emir tried to ease her pain.

"No. It's not okay" Zeynep said and stood up. She wanted to leave the room. Emir stopped her.

"Where are you going?" Emir asked with a panicked voice. Afraid that she'll leave.

"I.. I'm tired. I just want to sleep" Zeynep replied tiredly.

Emir was so a little surprised. She was acting strange. He expected her to be mad and scream at him or more likely go to her parents and let them hear it. But she wasn't doing anything of that. She wasn't mad. She was hurt. She was weak. And just wanted to rest.
Emir didn't object and took her to her room. She was barely able to walk.
He led her to her room and asked her if she needed help with changing her clothes. She just shook her head and headed for the bathroom. Emir waited for her.

Zeynep opened the bathroom door wearing her pijama and slid into her bed. Emir pulled the covers over her and sat beside her.

"Do you want me to stay her tonight?" Emie asked her worriedly.