Chapter 10

The Sezins and the Kozcioglus were sitting in Galip's office. They didn't want to hold this meeting in any of their houses to not risk their children to hear anything.

They agreed to the partnership terms and what this new partnership holds.
Veldan couldn't hid her resentment to the idea that Emir is going to marry Zeynep instead of Nihan.

She doesn't know that if Nihan was the one who's been sold Emir would never step up to save her.

But this is Zeynep. His Zeynep.
What worried him the most is that maybe his intention of saving Zeynep will lead him to losing her eventually.
He dreaded her reaction to this arrangement. And he was mostly afraid of what she'll think of him. But this is a price he's willing to pay if that means she'll be safe. And a way from the ugliness of her reality. He'll protect her from the truth even if that meant he'll take the full blame. He'll do it.

"My only condition in this whole agreement is that Zeynep shouldn't know anything about what you've done. No need for her to know what kind of fake parents she has" Emir said spitefuly.

Onder didn't reply to him he just lowered his head. A shamed of what happened. Yes. Veldan might have seld the deal without him knowing but he didn't object when he found out about it. After all he can't object to what Veldan wants. He was always a bush over like that.

"So you just gonna take all the blame?" Veldan asked.

"Yes. After all it's not the first time I'm forced to hide the truth from her. I'll add this to the truth I know. Your lies" Emir said.

"What are you talking about. What do you mean?" Onder asked confused by Emir's words.

"I mean the truth about Zeynep's reall father who's pretending to be her adopter father to please his wife" Emir said heatedly rendering the room silent.

Onder and and Veldan's Eyes were wide open.Then onder turned twards Galip and asked "Did you tell him?"
"I don't have to.. Emir has this talent of knowing people's deepest secrets" Galip said with a smirk.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not going to tell Zeynep anything about it. Not to protect you but to protect her. I can't believe that after all this lies you two sold her out to a bastared to save your own future" Emir raised his voice barely able to stop himself from jumping their throats and choking them.

"I think you crossed the line her Emir dear. After all we're not the only ones lying to her. You're lying to her as well" Veldan said with forced confidence.

"Yes. You're right. But I'll never do anything to hurt her. Unlike you. I'll take her away from you and she'll be safe with me. Idon't want you anywhere near her, doo you understand? Or you'll gonna pay "
Emir with anger that made everyone in the room swallow their saliva.

After everything was settled. Veldan and Onder thought about a way to tell Zeynep. They didn't expect her to refuse to marry Emir. He's her best friend after all. But Emir knew that it won't be that simple. He knows Zeynep. She doesn't like to be forced or controlled. She'll be really pissed. He just wishes she won't hate him. And that she'll understand him. But how can someone be understanding when they tell them that they'll be forced into an arranged marriage to seal a business deal. Well. No one can.

.
.

Zeynep was sitting in her room reading a book trying to busy her mind a bit.

Zeynep isn't stupid. She felt things. She felt the changes. He parents kind and sweet attitude to her. Her father's look of guilt every time he looked at her. But most of all she couldn't understand Emir's behavior. She couldn't catch him since their talk in the hospital. He was practically hiding from her. Ignoring her calls and refusing to return them back was so not Emir's attitude. He doesn't do that. At least not with her.