Chapter 18

Emir came home at eleven in the evening and found Zeynep sitting in the living room watching some movie. A larg bowl of popcorn on her lab.

"Hey" Emir said.

"Hi yourself.. what's up?" Zeynep replied.

Emir came and sat beside her. Taking a handful of her popcorn.

"Hey. That's mine, go get yours" Zeynep objected weakly.

"What are you watching?" Emir asked.

"Avengers"

"Wow.. why the avenging mood?"

Zeynep chuckled at his question.

"My mood is fine. I just love action, you know me" she replied, wiggling her eyebrows at him playfully.
Emir chuckled at her antics and raised to his feet.

"Okay let's watch it together then" Emir took off his jacket and shoes and sat more comfortably on the sofa. The popcorn sat between them.

Later Eda brought them some wine too. It was a quite evening, so they decided to just relax and enjoy each other's company, just like they used to before all this drama.

After the movie is over. Zeynep's head was on Emir's shoulder. His arm drapped lazily around her. Emir put his lips on her head and breathed her in.

"Kucugum?"

"Mmm?"

"Did you fall asleep?"

"No"

"I was thinking. Since tomorrow is the weekend. I.... thought maybe we should.... do something" Emir said, cursing under his breath at the silly way he approached the subject.

"Somthing?? Like what?" Zeynep lift her head and looked at him. Their faces was so close to eachother.
Emir looked at her eyes and lifted on of his hands to put a strand if hair behind her ear. Suddenly feeling more confident.

He inched closed to her face.

"Be ready. Tomorrow 7 pm. We're going out" Emir said.

Zeynep raised her eyebrows. Trying to act nonchalantly.
"So, you're taking me to a date? Like date.. date??"

"Well, if you want to. We both know that we postponed our talk long enough. Don't you think?" Emir said a bit playfully. Zeynep nodded shyly.

"Yeah. You're right" She said softly.

"Okay. So, it's a date" He said.

"It's a date" She confirmed.

"Now. Let's go to bed" as soon as the words left her mouth both froze. Zeynep backtracked.

"I mean. You go to your bed. And I'll go to mine" Zeynep said awkwardly. Emir pressed his lips tightly trying to suppress a laugh.

Zeynep glared at him.
"You.. you know what I mean"
Emir burst laughing.

"Breath Zeynep, I know what you mean"

"Then why are you laughing?"
Zeynep asked a bit frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop"
Both were silent for a few seconds then both burst laughing.

By the end of it both had happy tears in their eyes.

"God. We haven't gone to a date yet and I already made it awkward" Zeynep said between giggles.

Emir touched her face. Caressing her check.

"I want more evenings like this one with you Zeynep. For as long as we live" Emir said sincerely and the gravity of his words took Zeynep's breath away.

They kept looking at eachother. Faces close. Zeynep's eyes darted to his lips for a second seeing that Emir did the same. The realization of what they were doing hit them like a bucket of cold water. And both pulled away. Zeynep cleared her throat.

"I.. I'm going to sleep" Zeynep said with a breathless voice.

"Okay. Good night" Emir replied.

Non of them were able to really sleep that night. They heaviness of thier feeling were weighing on them. They needed to resolve this tention before they explode at the wrong time and place.
But even with that. They can't wait to explore what tomorrow night will bring.
If they wanted it to work. This their chance. And they'll make the best out of  it.

........

Don't forget to vote