Chapter 7

"What are we going to do?"
Veldan sat on the couch a forlorn look on her face. So shocked to even move.

"Are we going to lose everything?"
She repeated the question.

"I'm sorry Veldan. I thought I'll solve it before it gets that far but I couldn't"

"There must be another way?"
Veldan's voice raised a bit.

"Stop it Veldan. I don't want the children to know. We'll find a way"

"Have you asked for anyone else's help? Did you ask galip? He'll help us"

"No. I won't ask money from that man. He'll use it as a rope around my neck"

"So now what? We accept our destiny and announce our bankruptcy?" Veldan asked.

"That what will happen eventually. We should prepare ourselves. The bank will ......."

"NO" Veldan screamed and stood up.
"No. I won't accept that. I won't leave my house. I'm not losing everything"

"Veldan. Did you hear what I just said. It's over. There's no way out but accepting the truth" Önder replied.

"No. Onder. I didn't marry you so you can destroy my life after all these years".

"You know very well why I married you Veldan. Let us not open closed books" Veldan deflated a bit and sat beside him.

"Onder. My baby. Please think of something. Look. We can't lose the company. Think about Ozan's medications and the doctor's visits. They're so expensive. We won't be able to afford it. Think about our child, please"

"I can't stop thinking about my children Veldan. I'll do anything for them"

"Good. Good then let's figure it out. Okay. We'll think of something... What about that man who helped us often. Mr. Aksoy right? Can he help us?" Veldan asked.

"Mr. Aksoy has been helping us for months Veldan. And now he had enough. He refused to give me the money unless......" Onder cut himself. Not able to complete the sentence.

"Unless what onder. Huh? ... tell me"

"Unless we give him..... one of our daughters. He's crazy" Onder said disgustingly.

Veldan gasped loudly. Putting her hand over her mouth.

"He wanted to marry one of our daughters and in return he'll solve everything for us"

Silence took over both of them for several minutes. Then Veldan stood and went to stand by the Window, deep in thoughts.

"Give him zeynep"

Onder had his head between his hinds and he wasn't sure he heard her right.
"Come again" he asked.

"Give him Zeynep"

"WHAT?" Onder screamed. Standing on his feet "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND VELDAN?"

"We have to do this. Or else we'll lose everything" Veldan tried to reason with him.

"Well. Let's lose it then I'm not giving him anything"

"If you didn't do it I'll do it"

"You won't dere"

"I will Onder. I have to save my children's future"

"Your Future you mean"

"No. Think about Ozan, Onder. We will lose him. Let's give the man Zeynep. He'll marry her. She'll be in a better state than us. She'll be fine".

"Why Zeynep, Veldan?. Why not Nihan. All these years and you still look at her differently. Why?"

"You know why Onder... I raised her as my daughter. I love her too. But I can't help it. Every time I look at Her. I remember that woman"

"Shut up. Don't talk about this ever again. I won't allow it"

"You still care about her"

"Veldan enough"

"No. You enough. I had enough. Listen to me. We will give him Zeynep. She's a strong girl. She'll handle it. She'll do it for her siblings"

"I can't Veldan. I can't. She's my own soul. I can't do this to her"

"We should. Or else you won't only lose the company and the house. You'll lose me too"

Veldan left onder sitting by himself. Drawing in his thoughts. He knew for sure that he can't do what that man wants. But he can't lose everything either. He have to find some other way.