Chapter 4

Zeynep and Nihan were sitting in their favorite cafe waiting for Kemal to arrive.

Nihan wanted to introduce Zeynep to Kemal and Zeynep was so curious to meet the man who was able to steel her sister's heart.

Kemal arrived and the group sat together and talked. Zeynep really liked Kemal. He was a respectful guy. Therefore Zeynep decided to support their relationship since her mother was so against it.

Her mother was adamant to get rich men for her daughters. And kemal was a small business man from a simple family. Therefore he wasn't up to Vildan's standers. But neither Nihan nor Zeynep cared about that.
Nihan and Kemal were so perfect for each other and Zeynep was so happy for them.

She was planning to see Mert that evening. She wasn't particularly in love with him but she hoped that maybe someday she'll fall in love with him and have her happily ever after.
They agreed to meet up at his house and then going out to celebrate with her coming home.

...

Zeynep is a very clever girl but when it comes to guys she's really clueless. Emir was able to scare away some Losers in college but he can't take decision for her anymore. She's a grown up and can choose the right man for herself. If only she was that clever.

Mert wasn't a good guy. Emir knew him very well. And every time he confronted her on the matter she gets mad and accusing him of middling and controlling.

Emir was worried about her and kept a keen eye on mert. He even warned him several time of what will happen to him if he hurt her.

..

Zeynep went to Mert house and he welcomed her with open arms after making sure that his house is net and clear of the remnants of his last night's company. Which involved a lot of alcohol and women's underwears scattered around his living room.
(Yes.. he was that jerk)

Zeynep and Mert had dinner and talked. Mert was able to convince her to stay home and celebrate instead of going out. Zeynep agreed and stayed.

They were quite having fun talking and catching up until Mert started to get a little drunk. He tried to kiss her but she pushed him away. Zeynep was so conservative about this matter but Mert always wanted more.

She didn't feel comfortable and stopped him. Mert didn't like that at all. And he started to force himself on her. Zeynep pushed him and wanted to leave. That's when she saw his real face. Mert grabbed her harshly and sge fall on the floor. He wanted to force her to be with him.
There was a lot of spitting words and screaming eventually Zeynep was able to hit him with a table lamp that fall on the floor during the struggle. The hit was enough to render him unconscious.

Zeynep was so scared. She didn't know if she killed him or not. She was so shaken up. She jusr run with no direction. She was so shocked and scared. Eventually she broke down on the pavement of a nearby street. She knew she should move but the adrenaline wore of and she couldn't move her legs.

She can't call Nihan or her family right now 'cause they'll panick. She can't call Emir because she was embarrassed. he warned her several times about this man and she always shuts him down. She should have listened to him. He was always right. She should have listened.

She took of her phone and called the one person who could help her right now without judgment. Asu.
She could her the phone rings three time till she answered.

"Zeynep?"

"Asu ?" Zeynep said with a crackling voice and tears started to flow like a water.

"Zeynep? What is it? Why are you crying" Asu sad through the phone sounding really worried.

Zeynep told asu about what happened and she told Zeynep to wait were she is till she come to get her.

Zeynep made Asu promise her not let Emir know but it was really hard for asu to hide something like that. Mert should be punished. But she understood Zeynep's need to hide this incident. She didn't want people to judge or pity her.

Asu picked zeynep and took her to an apartment owned by Emir in the city. Emir was at home and he only uses the apartment when he want some time alone away from home. Therefore it was a safe place for Zeynep to stay till she calms down.

"Are sure it's a good idea to stay here. What if Emir came here. I don't want him to know" Zeynep said. Her voice raspy from crying.

"Don't worry Zeynep he's at home right now and he won't come her. You can rest till morning and I'll tell your family you stayed the night at our house. They won't suspect anything" Asu explained.

"Thank you Asu"

"Don't thank me. But I don't understand why don't you want anyone to know. That asshole needs to be locked away"

"I'm not in my right set of mind right now. I just need to rest and think first" Zeynep stopped like she just remembered something..

"Oh god asu. I hit him on the head what if he died?" Asu chuckled

"Well, he better be dead. Because if Emir found out he'll make him wish death"
Zeynep gasped.

"No. Please don't say that"

"Don't worry he's not dead. I saw him leaving his house when I came to take you. Nice hit btw he looked blooded really bad. Maybe he went to the hospital"

"Offf.. the basterd. I can't believe I trusted him. I'm so stupid"

"Don't beat yourself. It not your fault"

"Asu. Please don't tell Emir. He'll kill him"

"Okay" asu said curtly and Zeynep didn't look convinced.

"Asu. Promise me you won't tell him"

"Won't tell me what?"

Both girls turned to the door of the apartment emir stood their with a confused expression. Then his expression transformed into worry when he saw Zeynep's state.

"Zeynep?" Emir exclaimed and Zeynep swallowed.

'Shit' Zeynep thought.