Chapter 15

Next day Zeynep woke up early. Ready for her first day at office. She agreed to work in the company because she knows that there she may be able to find answers to her questions. She knows that Emir won't tell her anything so if she played the role of the well behaved girl and put her anger a side she may be able to get close to him more and eventually get him to give her something useful other than his usual (I want to protect you) thing.

Zeynep and Emir arrived at the holding. Emir introduced her to the workers. Most of them knew her from her usual visits to the company when her and Emir were best friends. But now her title has changed. She's Zeynep Kozguoglu now.

"So, do you like it?"
Emir asked her about her new office.

"It's okay" she replied curtly.

"No. Not enough. You can do what you want with it. Change designs, the furniture. As you like. My office is across the corridor. Come to me if you needed anything okay"

Emir said already feeling giddy.
He could barely hide his excitement at the whole thing. After he asked her to come work with him yesterday he mostly expected her to refuse. But she surprised him. And part of him felt so happy that her anger against him subsided a bit. But another part of him. The logical part knew that something was up. He knows Zeynep like the back of his hand. She won't forget her anger easily. And she certainly won't forget or forgive him until she knows the truth. So he'll have to wait and see.

"Thank you Emir" Zeynep said smiling softly.

Here we go again. Emir thought. Her kind behavior still so fake. That means his second theory is probably right. But he'll need more to brove that.

"Okay.. I'll leave you to it now. Belin will help you with what you need. After you get the grasp of the whole work her maybe we'll hold a small meeting tomorrow to discuss the project" Emir suggested.

"Okay" Zeynep said shortly and Emir left his hand and brushed her shoulder but he stopped mid movement after her saw her flinch.

For a moment her forgot their current situation and acted on his usual instinct. But they're not like that anymore. Before things get more awkward. Emir excused himself and left.

Zeynep released a deep breath. And sat on her chair. God this taking a tool on her. She should keep her act as the accepting wife on point but at the same time she can't fake it in front of Emir. He'll see through her act easily. She should be more careful around him. Honestly she doesn't even know how to act around Emir.

How people act with their childhood best freind turned into a hasband in an arranged marriage that resulted in destroying said friendship.
But she kinda missed their old days and how things used to be before. After all as much as she's mad at him right now he's still Emir. Her Emir. And God, she missed him.

.....

It was a week now since Zeynep started working at the company. She started to learn more and more about the company and the atmosphere in general.
Emir hadn't left her side and guided her through it all. Thier relationship became calmer and they acted more civil. Not talking about anything but work and small safe talks. They still have alot of issues to work on.
Including this big secret Emir was hiding from her but Zeynep was patient.

She'll know the truth sooner rather than later. And the apportunity had represented itself when she was informed by Nihan that her parents are holding birthday party for Ozen in there house. At the beginning she was reluctant to go but then she remembered the last time she was there she didn't have the chance to search her father's office now she might be able to slip in there when everyone is busy with the party.
So when Emir told her about the invitation she didn't object, much to Emir's surprise.