17. "Let Me Go"

Jungkook patrols the street in the early morning, seeing a familiar girl. The girl is on the pavement walking so slowly bringing her backpack forward. She was nearing an old blind man on the side walk. Quietly she opens her bag and kneels down near him reaching forward to the tin of coins in front of him. He's asleep and the girl knows this is her only chance.

She reaches forward and holds the tin lightly picking it up. As small as it looks, it's really heavy. Her heart beats fast when a hand grabs hers. She closes her eyes realising she's been caught. She lets the tin go and it drops making a loud metallic sound waking up the blind man.

Jungkook leans down and puts a few coins along with a bill inside the tin.

"Thank you," the man's crooked voice cries. "Thank you so much,"

Jungkook nods his head although it's pointless to the blind man. He stands up and brings the girl along with him.

"Long time no see Olivia," Jungkook says. He drags the girl to his car and puts her in the backseat. "How have you been?" He asks while strapping himself in.

"Fine," Olivia mutters.

"Are you sure?" He asks. "This is the seventh time I got a call from the orphanage saying you ran away again,"

Olivia keeps quiet looking out the window. Jungkook brushes his eyes off his rearview mirror and focuses back on the road. She sees that he's driving slower then usual to the orphanage home. "Why are you driving slow?"

"No reason," he answers.

She sighs. "Please can we go somewhere else.. I don't want to go back there knowing that they don't want me,"

"Why would you say that?" He asks.

"Because I'm old," she shrugs her shoulders. "The people who come to adopt don't want an old girl like me. I'm useless there,"

"Don't say that," Jungkook responds feeling much better that he made her speak through his plain method. "You haven't even yet seen what's in store,"

She gets off the window and moves closer to the opening between the chairs so that she can see Jungkook. "That's because I don't want to see what's in store,"

"I've been chasing you up and down for about three weeks now. I never knew who you were at all. Until, I saw you the first time...or rather I caught you trying to rob a fruit store, or the second time when you stole an old lady's phone. Or the third time when you tried to steal from a drug dealer- not your best move if I can add. I never knew anything about you, but after catching you time and time again, I realised that you were trying to be a thief."

She rolls her eyes. "No shit Sherlock,"

"Don't swear," he says looking at her. "When I say you're trying to be a thief, I meant it as you're robbing your own childhood. You're still a kid. A good kid I see. But for some reason you feel like you're not needed, but let me tell you something Olivia," Jungkook says taking a glance at the girl leaning on the passengers side. "You are in need of a family and I know that there's a family out there that is searching for a child and a missing piece,"

"Wow," she smirks completely unimpressed. "So you got all that by me stealing from people?"

"The stealing from people showed me that you want to grow up fast and look after yourself and no one else. But you're just a kid. You need someone who can guide you. There's so much more to you then stealing,"

She frowns on the outside but instead she was touched by his words. She's grown found of him over the past view weeks.

"Let's make a deal," Jungkook says and parks his car outside the orphanage. "From the information contained by your caregivers, I learnt that you were from the Care For Baby Centre. Next time you feel like running, I want you to go there and ask to speak to Nurse Fiela,"