19. "She was"

When Aufilea and Jungkook get back home, there's a different vibe from the way they left it. Instead of being mat by the darkness of the house and complete silence, they can hear the TV running in the background- particularly a cartoon characters voice but also, they see the lights opened in different rooms. They turn to each other with relieved breaths.

For only a split second Jungkook thought he was being robbed- but he should've known better, anyone with a human brain knew not to mess with Jungkook as he had ultimate power over anything.

But non the less, the twins were back.

A deep aroma and pleasantly satisfying smell of food hovers in the air as soon as Jungkook and Aufilea reach the front door. Jungkook's mouth begins to water and he unlocks the door quickly just to inhale the smell some more. Aufilea passes by him and heads in the house feeling exhausted.

After seeing her house and taking a look around inside, he wanted to see more than just the inside. He went around the whole neighborhood with her, speaking to the people passing by and even a few residents who were outside. He wanted to make sure the area was secure enough. He would've complained but he needed to consult Fiela first.

"Dad they're asleep," Aufilea says from somewhere deep in the house, snapping Jungkook's thoughts away from food. Jungkook shuts the door and walks down the corridor and into the living room, seeing that indeed his two beautiful daughters were asleep on the couches.

"It's only 21:37. One of them is bound to wake up," Jungkook notes heading out the living room and up the stairs. "Don't think you're off the hock Aufilea. We'll speak about you and your house later on, but first let me go speak with your mum,"

"I'll put them in their rooms," Aufilea says, biding him some luck and strangely, thinking of how to lift up the twins so that they can still sleep and not flatter awake.

"If you need me, just come up to my room. I'm done for the night," he says already climbing up the stairs. "If you can, cover my food and place it in the microwave,"

"Sure,"

When he enters the room it's quiet. There's a little sound coming from the joint bathroom. He hears the tap water running as well as her singing. He smiles and leans by the door listening to her sing.

He didn't see her the whole day, so even the slightest bit of her presence makes his mood automatically go up. He stands there a little longer enjoying her singing.

How he wished that everything was well, because if everything was well, he wouldn't stop himself from stepping in the shower with her doing all sorts of things.

The faucet turns off and the shower starts running. The water turns off after a while, he just stands there wondering what she's doing. The door suddenly unlocks and Fiela steps out the bathroom with her towel gown around her.

When she sees Jungkook, she can't help the blush that forms on her cheeks. What is he doing out here? When did he arrive home?

"Hey," he whispers also too stunned. It's been a while since he's seen her and stepping out the way she did made him nervous. He wasn't expecting to get caught the way he got caught.

He breaks the eye contact when she says nothing just watching him. He moves away from the door and straight to the rest of the room. Fiela sighs sadly hoping that he'd do something.

He shrugs out of his leather jacket and unbuttons his shirt removing his tie. He quickly changes out of his work attire putting on his black sweatpants and hoody. He sips his feet in his socks and rests on the bed reading through some of his online mail patiently waiting for Fiela to return to bed.