28. "Stay a little longer"

Next day : Aufilea's pov 

I hesitantly knock on the door stepping back. It's really been a long while since I've been here. Nothing has changed, the outer appearance of the house still looks the same but I still feel so disconnected.

I know my mum's home, today is her day off. I had to make sure to catch the early bus towards this direction since my house is far and there's only one bus after every 4 hours. I really needed to see her.

After reading the few of the online prints and reading the opinions of the writers I couldn't help but notice a lot of controversy. Their were people who believed Kim Taehyung was innocent and proven not guilty by the tape played (which I haven't seen), but others simply did not believe it.

I wanted to believe him. I want to believe him and hopefully coming back here will actually help me.

The door opens up after a while and I'm mat with someone that isn't my mum or dad. I frown and stare the young teen girl. She looks at me up and down with a tilt of her head.

"Hi..." She greets with uncertainty. "Is there a problem?"

My eyebrows knit in confusion and a bit of anger as I walk past the girl inside the house. "I live here," I matter out loud.

"Oh really?" She sounds surprised and closes the door. "Then I apologize. I didn't see you here yesterday night...nor do I know you, my bad,"

I just stare at her with dissatisfaction. She's unaware of my looks as she walks away from the main entrance telling me to follow her. Pshh, as if I don't know my own home.

She's dressed in school uniform. A black school dress and white shirt inside. Her hair is jet black and she walks like she's about to conceive a child this very moment, her legs are wide open. Who is this girl?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when she turns back to me with a nervous smile and raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry what?" I shake my head focusing. She does look sweet and not malicious. But why is she here, shouldn't she be at school?

"I asked your name," she repeats herself.

I look at her up and down one last time moving to the kitchen door behind her. "Aufilea."

Upon hearing my voice my mother turns around rapidly with the biggest smile. "Sweety,"

As she walks close to me I instantly move back turning to the floor. Her feet move back and she clears her throat. I look up to her and she looks sadly disappointed. "Hi mum,"

She just looks at me with sorrowful eyes and shakes her head. "Olivia, this is my daughter,"

"Oh yeah, we met at the door," the teen girl speaks up. I realise now that her voice is really low but squeaky. "She's really pretty,"

"Thank you dear," my mum accepts the compliment on my behalf and holds the girl's shoulder. "Would you please give us a moment, privately?"

"Sure," she nods her head with a little smile. "Don't mind me, I'll be in the study room completing homework."

"No problem sweety," my eyebrow arches forward at my mum's pet name for the girl. Did she now replace me or what? My mum turns to me seeing my look to her. "She was under my care at the hospital,"

I nod my head feeling suddenly calm.

"What brings you here?" She asks and moves back to the stove with a dish in her hand. She puts rice on the plate and turns to me. "Want some?"