38. "Felt Alone."

Aufilea's pov

Days later when I heard that my dad returned I kept on having arguments in my head of whether I should go and see him or not. On one side I knew that I needed to go and see him but on the other side all I could think about is how I've hurt him. Not only with my words but with my actions. My mum made it clear that I needed to stay out if I wasn't going to mend anything and that's why I needed to make a decision right away.

The decision between leaving my house and returning back to my parents warm home or leaving their home for good and never returning back all because I'm afraid and ashamed to approach my father.

With enough of my gathered courage I knock on the door standing back anxiously waiting for the door to open up. In all my lifetime, I have never been so frightened to face my parents. It's normal when you're in the wrong to be frightened to tell your parents what you've done and what kind of child you are, but it's really different when you're in the wrong and have said some very cruel things that you know you can't take back, ever.

I suck in my bottom lip really tightly and hope that nothing goes wrong. Finally after much chilling moments, the front door opens up wide with my mum wearing a really nice white wavey dress with pink hearts. Although it hangs down from her shoulders revealing her amazing smooth skin and collarbone, the most breathtaking sight is of her belly bump which has grown from the last time I saw it. Almost the size of a watermelon. She opens the door wider with an arched eyebrow and an amused cackle.

Her bright eyes peek down to my large navy blue rolling suitcase with all my clothes, as well as the two matching navy backpacks attached to my suitcase along with the matching set handbags over my shoulder.

"Hey sweety," she whispers with a tiny hint of sorrow in her voice.

I sluggishly take in a breath and speak. "I am an idiot. I'm such a dumb foolish idiotic selfish wannabe adult and.... I'm sorry, for all the pain that I've caused you and dad. I'm such a terrible daughter–"

"Sweety," she moves closer to me removing all the bags on my shoulder to help me out. "You are not a terrible daughter. You were just really really hurt and mad. I understand, in fact I understand so well because my own parents, kinda did the same thing,"

"Really?"

"Yeah," my mum nods her head while looping our arms together. "But it involved other topics like cheating and stuff like that. Wanna get in a talk about it?"

I look at her with deer like eyes. "That's if you don't mind me living back here with and dad,"

"The doors were always open," she says and smiles as we embrace each other tightly never letting go as I shed a few tears and she pats my back. "Welcome  home sweetheart,"

I cackle and roll my bag in as my mum and I walk up the stairs to my room that still looks the same as I last left it. "Hey mum,"

"Yeah," She lays down my bags on the bed looking to me.

"Is...dad here?" I ask nervously.

"He is," She suddenly holds a look of discomfort on her face. "He's in his room, sleeping. But just for his health sake, and I know it's tough..but I need you to just keep your presence here on the low..he hasn't been feeling too well or comfortable at the mention of your name,"

I look down sadly but still nod. I feel her warm arm around my shoulders and look up to her eyes. "Just for a little while,"

I tried penetrating the words out my mouth to say anything that would assure her of my response but the look on my face just told it all.