chapter 06.

the party continues to get more exciting as the night goes on. the music gets louder every minute. and it seems that there are more people entering through liam's door each second.

how does he know so many people?

chantelle is leaning against the banister, by the stairs with a small drink in her hand. she's watching as they dance and sing.

liam sneaks up behind her, slowly. he places his hand on her shoulder. she jumps in surprise and looks up at him.

"i thought i told you the other day to stop scaring me like that." she snarls at him. liam throws his hands up in surrender.

"i must have forgotten." he says cheekily. he glances towards the others who are dancing and offers her his hand.

"let's dance." he says looking at chantelle with big doe like eyes. she snickers.

"i can't dance." she mumbles underneath her breath. liam looks at her in disbelief.

"if you can dance on wheels, i'm pretty sure you can dance with me." he says pulling her forward. she almost spills her drink on her dress. chantelle glares at him and places the drink on the table.

"fine, but only because it's your birthday." she says her smile forced. he shakes his head.

"right." he says as the music changes. the song 'sorry' by justin beiber starts to play and everyone starts shaking their bodies to the well known pop song.

chantelle chuckles as liam spins her around. her eyes get dizzy but she is able to stay focused on liam's happy smile. liam starts to do the robot and chantelle cringes in embarrassment.

"stop doing the robot!" chantelle screeches as she is pulled forward by liam. liam smiles as he forces her to wave her arms in the air.

this is so embarrassing.

meanwhile, rachel and alisha are standing off to the side watching the two of them dance.

"those two would make such a cute couple." alisha says smiling. rachel shrugs.

"let's not rush things, they've only just met." she warns. alisha scoffs.

"i can see it in the way they look at each other. they really click." she says with a small grin. rachel rolls her eyes.

"you really think that you're some kind of cupid, don't you?" rachel says chuckling. alisha purse her lips, in surprise.

"i never thought of it that way." she says proudly. rachel tuts at her.

"it's nothing to be proud of, do you remember what happened the last time when you told liam to follow his heart?" rachel asks her eyes, sad. alisha sighs.

"yes but that was only because he cared for her so much eventhough she didn't care for him." alisha says reminiscent. "she used him and dragged him into her diabolical mess."

"i guess that's true but we just have to be careful." rachel says crossing her arms, tightly. alisha nods in agreement. "we don't want anyone getting hurt again, physically or mentally."

the song ends. chantelle and liam are both out of breath from dancing too much.

"do you want a glass of water?" liam asks leading her to the kitchen. chantelle nods. he pours out the water from a cold, bottle that was in the fridge.

"here." he says handing the glass to her. she takes it and drinks the water, slowly. the cool water slides down her throat, quickly and she feels all the adrenaline pumping through her course veins.