chapter 39.

3rd May - sunday

"it feels so good to be in my own bed!" chantelle exclaims, watching as her parents open the window for some fresh air. chantelle hops over to the window and sees liam's shadow.

"you really like that boy, don't you?" her dad says watching her from the door of her bedroom. chantelle feels her face heat up.

"yes.. i do." she says smiling whilst looking at her wrist with the bracelet he gave her on it.

"just make sure he's serious about your relationship." jamal warns before leaving.

just then, liam looks out the window. he smirks at chantelle and makes a funny face, causing her to laugh.

she rolls her eyes and blows liam a few kisses. he smiles at her cuteness before mouthing 'text me'.

chantelle: do you miss me already?

liam: have your parents decided what they're going to do about mason?

chantelle: straight to the point then..

liam: just answer the question.

chantelle: no they haven't but i hope they press charges and put him prison for good.

liam: same..

chantelle: what's wrong, baby?

liam: i was just thinking about all the bad things that have happened to you and i just want to protect you from it all but i can't.

chantelle: yes.. i may have been through hell and back but look at what you've been through. at least i have a father who can protect me, you don't therefore i should be protecting you. liam, you should take of yourself more and stop worrying about other people for once.

liam: thanks for stating the obvious.. but it's hard not to worry about you now that you're my girlfriend.

chantelle: well you don't need to worry, i can protect myself.. most of the time.

liam: if you say so.

after a few minutes chantelle notices that liam isn't texting her anymore. she looks up at her window and doesn't see liam in his room. she shrugs it off, lays back on her bed and closes her eyes ready to go sleep.

she doesn't hear liam come in but he lays next her and wraps his needy arms around her causing chantelle to open her eyes again, frightened. chantelle turns to him, in confusion.

"you scared me." she says her heart quenching. he looks up at her with innocent eyes. "also, how did you get past my parents?"

"shhhush." he says, strictly causing chantelle to blink. she scoffs and turns away from him.

"turn around."

"why?"

"because.. i want to see your beautiful face." he says reciting what he said yesterday. chantelle chuckles, lightly before turning towards him.

"you're so unoriginal." she comments watching liam throw her a knowing smile.

"what ever do you mean?" he says with a sly smirk on his plump lips. chantelle rolls her eyes.

"you said that yesterday." she states, quietly. liam watches her as she places her head onto his chest.

"that's because it's true." he says hugging her closer to him. she smiles, cutely at him.

"since we're telling the truth, i have something to tell you." she says before sitting up again. liam sits up too and looks at chantelle with slight worry.

she begins to straddle him and she looks down at him with pride in her loving eyes.

chantelle places her hands onto his broad shoulders and leans down to whisper his ears.

"well.. i think you're really handsome." she says before pouting as liam begins to laugh. chantelle uses her sharp nails to sink her fingers into his back, this causes liam to shut up instantly.

he raises one eyebrow at her.. needy behaviour. she smirks and uses her fingers to trail her nails along the rim of his shirt.

liam's heart seems to speed up and his hands grip chantelle freshly laid sheets. he licks his lips and watches her as she focuses on him.

"chantelle, if you're trying to seduce me.. it isn't working." he lies, causing chantelle to frown.

"really?" she says leaning further pressing their bodies together, liam's cheeks begin to flush and she smirks.

"don't play hard to get, liam." she whispers carefully, playing with his hair. liam rolls his eyes in an attempt to play it cool.

"ha ha, very funny." he murmurs as she runs her hands down to the belt of his jeans. chantelle glances down, quickly and then looks back up at him, studying his face.

"babe..?" she says acting cutely. he stiffens as her hands begin to move. "do you think we could.. you know?"

"you know what?" he says struggling to speak. liam's mind is racing at chantelle's eyes get wider and seem to be full of innocence.

"maybe.. go see a film tomorrow?" she says before moving her hands away, slowly

he let's out a deep sigh before nodding.

"why do you look so pale all of a sudden?" she asks, genuinely concerned. liam shakes his head, quickly.

"oh, no reason." he says whilst watching her grin.

"are you sure because i bet you thought i was going to ask you to have s-e-x?" she says bashing her curly eyelashes.

"i mean.. i'm up for it, just not while your parents and your little bro is home." he says avoiding her eyes. she laughs and lays back down on the bed, happy.

"yeah.. last time we almost did it at school." she says remembering that day, as she looks up at her bedroom ceiling.

liam places a kiss on the side of her face and smiles, "i want your first time to be special."

she raises and eyebrow at his cute comment. then she scoffs.

"you won't be my first-" chantelle starts before noticing liam's shocked face. "what? you thought i was a virgin?"

"i mean.. yes i did." liam whispers before running his hand through his hair, anxiously.

"mason, sadly, was my first." she says breathless. liam's eyes widen. "don't worry, it was before he became who he is now."

"chantelle.." he starts, softly. she turns away from him, her heart heavy.

"stop. i don't want your pity." she whispers, her voice low. liam hugs her from behind, tightly.

"it's okay," he says reassuring her. she rolls her eyes, a small smile on her smooth lips. liam continues to hug her and she closes her eyes, finally ready to get some sleep.

"thank you." she says quietly. liam smiles, his eyes glazed over.

"no problem, babe."