chapter 22.

23rd April - thursday

chantelle watches as liam walks towards her with a smirk on his tired face. she reaches up and brushes his hair away from his light brown eyes.

he softens as her hands touch his skin, slightly. the memory of them kissing fills his mind. liam can feel the blush rising on his skin. chantelle eyes flicker towards his, now light pink, cheeks and grins.

"are you blushing?" she asks slight shock in her voice. liam covers his face, embarrassed and shakes his head, quickly. she laughs and clasps their pinky fingers in a knot.

their brothers walk ahead, oblivious to their siblings cute interaction.

the tingles spread up liam's arm and he scrunches his eyebrows, curious as his blush fades away. chantelle feels it too but she doesn't react because she sort of used to it.

"did you feel that?" he whispers biting his lip. chantelle glances at him, her eyes narrowed. "the tingling feeling..?"

"oh.. you feel it too?" she says smiling, softly. liam nods. "yeah, every time we touch, this spark goes through my body."

"every time we touch, i get this feeling!" liam sings. "and everytime we kiss, i swear i can fly!"

chantelle laughs and rolls her eyes, amused. "that song is so annoying." liam snickers and continues to hum the melody. she hits his shoulder, making him look at her.

"what? it's catchy." he says shrugging his shoulders. she smiles at his petulant demeanor. he leans down to her ear, his minty breath hitting her skin as she tenses, nervously.

"every time we kiss, my heart beats fast; i want this to last!" he starts screaming. chantelle blinks with a small sigh.

"i hate you." she grumbles poking his chest. liam chuckles and throws his arm across her shoulder.

"if hate is love to you then.." liam starts, slowly before pressing his head against hers. "i hate you, too."

"did you just say that you love me?" chantelle asks he eyes wide. he shakes his head.

"no, i said i hated you."

"but you implied that you loved me."

"has anyone noticed that those two are acting weird?" rachel says whispering to keira and alisha. alisha's eye flicker towards chantelle and liam.

she purses her lips at chantelle has very dazed expression and watches how liam is just staring at her with a soft expression. every time chantelle turns to him, liam's eyes seem to zone down to her lips.

strange..

alisha narrows her eyes as she looks away from the two of them and a small thought passes through her mind.

"do you think they kissed?" she whispers. keira's eyes widen, slightly. whereas rachel has a wary look on her face.

"no! it can't be, it didn't really seem like liam liked her-" rachel stops when alisha gives her a very pointed look.

"really? have you seen the way they look at each other?" keira asks before taking a sip of her water. rachel nods, slowly.

"i've seen the way chantelle looks at him.." rachel murmurs with a small sigh. "i even told her in economics that she could possibly love him."

"what?" keira and alisha say looking at her with wide eyes. rachel shrugs.

"she kept saying how she hated him and whatever.." rachel starts before looking over to chantelle and liam again. "but i didn't think she would actually go for it."