chapter 19.

21st April - tuesday

"i was thinking that we could all come to my house for a little gathering on wednesday at like 7pm." rachel says quietly to chantelle as the economics teacher talks.

"uh.. yeah sure." she says smiling. rachel nods and copies down a few notes from the board. chantelle sighs and thinks back to her conversation with liam yesterday at lunch.

"just admit that you like me."

"like you as a friend or more than that..?"

"i don't know, you decide."

"ugh, i hate him." chantelle mumbles, tiredly. rachel notices and looks at her.

"who?" she asks curiously. chantelle looks at rachel, wearily.

"liam." she says rubbing her eyes. rachel snickers.

"of course, you hate him." she says rolling her blue eyes, heavily. chantelle rests her chin on the palm of her brown hand. "but you also love him."

the word 'love' makes chantelle cringe. she glances towards rachel and nudges her shoulder.

"no, i do not." chantelle denies. rachel smirks and chuckles whilst shaking her head.

"you do."

chantelle, liam, keira, james and rachel are sitting on one of the bleachers across the field. matt and george are on the field getting ready to play against the other team.

alisha stumbles through all the other students and pants as she sits down beside chantelle.

"did you run all the way here?" liam asks watching as alisha holds up george's number. she nods.

"yeah, i thought i was going to miss it." she says waving the blue t-shirt in the air, trying to attract george's attention.

at that moment, george's eyes flicker towards the group. his eyes zone in on alisha who is waving his spare shirt in the air, wildly.

he chuckles to himself and waves at her. she squeals and jumps up. george rolls his eyes and looks away.

"did you see that?" alisha says sitting back down. chantelle nods. "he waved at me."

everyone sigh and shakes their heads at her. chantelle purses her lips and smiles.

they're so cute.

she glances up at liam, who is just staring at the field in misery.

"why don't you play?" chantelle asks curious. he turns to her and his eyes light up, slightly.

"bad boys don't play football, chantelle." he says with a small grin. she scowls at him and pushes his shoulder, slightly causing him to laugh.

"i'm joking." he says wrapping his arm around her. she glances up at him and smiles, cutely. he smiles back and then looks away.

the first match begins.

asfc seem to be lacking, slightly as the other team score a goal. chantelle can see matt and the team conversing. matt has this cheeky glint in his eyes, as he pulls away and gets ready to play a second match.

george slides in and passes the ball to matt who, swiftly, scores a goal. everyone cheers as the team high five each other.

at third match, the other team had a penalty since they injured one of asfc's players. so asfc got a chance to have a free kick.

george steps up and jumps, lightly excersising his feet. he places his feet behind the ball and shoots.

it goes in.

everyone cheers, again.

it's the last match. asfc and the other team are tied. if asfc score, we win. if the other team score, we lose.

chantelle crosses her brown fingers and smiles as the get ready to play again.

i hope we win.

the other team attempt to score but asfc's goalie stops the ball from going in and it goes out. so asfc get the ball.

george passes to matt and matt rushes towards the goal. he realises that he can't shoot so he spins back around and passes it back to george.

george runs straight ahead and manages to send the ball forward. it quickly speeds past the goalie and goes in.

everyone cheers, again.

"we won!" chantelle says clapping her hands, excited. everyone nods, happily. 

after the match, they go down to check on matt and george. george wipes his sweat away from his forehead and alisha jumps into his arms.

"woah." he cries out whilst wrapping his arms around her. everyone chuckles as they embrace each other.

rachel laughs as she gives matt a small peck on the cheek. matt smirks and gives her a small cuddle.

"aw," chantelle coos cutely.

liam chuckles and leans down to towards her. she shifts, slightly uncomfortable and bumps into liam's chest. she can hear his heart beating, steadily. chantelle rests her head there as he begins to stroke her hair. the rhythm of his heartbeat puts her in a sort of 'trance'.

"you didn't resist." he mumbles as she looks up at him, her eyes dazed. liam looks down at her, softly. she blinks and smiles, tightly.

"no, i didn't." she says reaching up to touch his left cheek. he watches her as she smirks at him. chantelle pinches his cheek, harshly and liam releases her from his grip.

"ow!" he screeches rubbing his cheek. she rolls her eyes. "that fucking hurt!"

"you're lucky i didn't pinch your right cheek, where the bruise is." she mutters, glaring at him. he sighs and pouts, sadly.

"you're an absolute-" liam stops when chantelle throws him an icy glare.

"stop before you get yourself into trouble." she sneers, slyly. liam smirks, lazily and crosses his arms.

"i was going to say sweetheart." he lies. she throws him another glare. "you're an absolute sweetheart."

"yeah right,"

"don't forget to look glam at my house tomorrow." rachel says flicking her curly blonde hair around. chantelle glances up at her bored.

"we're just going to drink and eat." she murmurs sitting up. "it doesn't matter what we look like."

"of course, it matters." rachel says, a faint smile on her pink lips. "sometimes chantelle, you should care about how you look."

"i do care about the way i look." she says pushing her black hair away from her brown face. "you just care too much."

"savage." james whispers. everyone glances towards him, annoyed. liam shakes his head and looks at rachel and chantelle.

rachel looks at liam, a glint of concern in her eyes. "what have you done to chantelle?"

"what have i done?" he asks slightly perplexed. rachel nods.

"this isn't the kind, sweet girl i met a few days ago." rachel says pursing her lips at him. chantelle snickers and rolls her eyes.

"i was joking." she mumbles looking at them. rachel narrows her eyes at chantelle, slowly.

"i'll let it go because you're cute." she says nudging chantelle in the stomach, slightly. liam laughs and looks at chantelle.

"cute?she's anything but cute."