epilogue. (part 2)

7 months later ( in March )

"so, how are you feeling?" chantelle's dad asks for the millionth time today as they head towards the hospital. chantelle rolls her eyes, before rubbing her stomach slowly.

"i feel like i'm about to explode." she says with a chuckle. "and dad, stop asking me that question every two minutes."

"sorry, i'm just super nervous." he says as they pull up to the hospital. chantelle scoffs.

"how do you think i feel knowing that any minute a baby could just pop out of me?" she asks glaring at him as he helps her out of the car and into a wheelchair, provided by the hospital staff.

"alright, alright.. i get it." he says before pushing chantelle towards the hospital.

they find her assigned hospital room and her dad helps her get sorted. chantelle lays onto the hospital bed, slowly, careful not to hurt herself or the baby inside of her.

"dad..?" she calls out, softly. he looks over at his daughter, nervously.

"yes, pumpkin?" he says, before placing her maternity bag by the bottom of the bed.

"thank you so much for all the support and effort you and mum have given me." she says tears in her eyes. his eyes, soften and he smiles, happily.

"we couldn't let you do it all on your own." he says holding her hand. chantelle nods, before closing her eyes. "you should thank liam's mum too, she's helped a lot by giving you all that advice."

"yeah..." she says drifting off to sleep. jamal chuckles and he stokes her hair, softly as she starts to snore away.

"you can get through this, chantelle."

°

"babe..?" liam calls out to chantelle before shaking her body, lightly. she murmurs a few incoherent words before opening her eyes, slowly.

"what is it?" chantelle asks as she looks around and sees her dad and liam standing in the room.

"the midwife said that it's not good for you to lay in bed all day." he says watching her, roll her eyes.

"ugh, fine." she says, holding out her hand for him to take. "you just can't give me a break, can you? i've been carrying this baby for 9 months, for goodness sake!"

"well.. if you want to give birth a little faster, you better get moving." liam says taking her hand, softly. chantelle rolls her tired eyes and walks out the door with liam.

"let's take a walk around the hospital, careful and slow." liam says holding her. she nods.

"are you ready to give birth to our baby girl?" liam asks as they walk outside towards the grassy area. chantelle lets out a short, nervous breath.

"yes... and no." she says gripping liam's hand tighter. "i'm scared."

"listen, it's okay- you're strong and you can do this. i will be by your side the whole time, no matter how long it takes." he says before kissing her forehead, reassuring. she smiles, wearily.

"i heard from bea that labour can take up to 8 hours for first time mums." she says, causing liam's face to drop.

"really?" he says raising an eyebrow, his worried eyes shaking. chantelle nods.

"you're still going to stay with me, while i'm begging for all the pain to stop?" she asks before looking up at him with big, puppy dog eyes. liam places his hand on her cheek and smiles softly.

"of course, i will." he says before kissing her lips, softly. chantelle kisses him back for just a moment before she feels something sliding down her legs.