chapter 08.

12th April - sunday

chantelle is at the ashton swimming center. she had just finished her first synchronised swimming lesson. she really enjoyed it.

right now, she's changing out her red and black swimsuit and into casual clothes. she dries her soaking wet skin and puts on a matching bra and underwear set. then she puts on her black ripped jeans and a small grey top. she places her favourite gold necklace around her neck. she slips her feet into her white and black checkered vans.

she starts to carefully dry her black, curly hair with the towel. she brushes it out and parts it into two and slicks her hair up onto two buns.

she grabs her swimming bag, her phone and walks out of the cubicle.

*ding*

she receives a text from liam. she smiles as she sees 'late liam' pop up on the screen.

liam: rachel wants you to come our gathering at the cafe.

chantelle: uhh and where is
that again?

liam: next to the bookstore.

chantelle: oh, yeah. i remember,
Jolie café.

liam: yeah, so i'll meet you at the water fountain in 5. okay?

chantelle: yeah, sure.

liam sees chantelle leaning up against the wall scrolling through her phone again. she's smiling to herself and chuckling.

what's she laughing at?

he taps her shoulder from behind and she turns around. she gives liam a small smile.

"hey," she greets him her eyes flicker to his body to see what he's wearing. when she realises that he's not wearing his leather jacket, she gasps.

"what?" he asks concerned. she looks at him with shocked face.

"you're not wearing that stupid jacket for once." she says with a grin. he tuts and rolls his eyes.

"yeah, it's in the wash." he explains with a smile. chantelle nods, slowly.

he's wearing a black ralph lauren polo shirt and a pair of light blue jeans with his favourite red converses. his hair is messy and carelessly blowing in cool breeze.

"you look more natural, today." she says an eyebrow raised. he smirks.

"thanks." he says about to pat her head. he notices that it's wet and looks at her.

"your hair.. it's wet." he says slowly. she nods.

"yeah, i go synchronised swimming now." chantelle says watching as liam's eyes become wider and brighter.

"really? so do i." liam smirks. "i go every other sunday."

"nice." she says pursing her lips. he nods.

"anyways, we better get going."

they walk into the Jolie café. rachel sees them and invites them to sit with the rest of the group.

chantelle looks around the table, she notices that there a four people who she doesn't recognise.

"who are they?" chantelle asks rachel, quietly. rachel smiles at her question.

"that's keira." she says pointing to the small blonde haired and blue eyed girl whose rolling her eyes at the boy next to her, annoyed. she doesn't notice chantelle because she's too busy looking at the menu.

"that's matt." she points to the boy in the corner. he's scrolling through his phone. his hair flops over his face and you can hardly see his eyes. chantelle sort of recognises him from liam's party.

"that's james." she says pointing to the boy sitting next to keira. his green eyes observe keira, quietly. his blonde curly hair falling just above his shoulders. he looks kind of handsome with his slightly peach coloured skin and sharp jawline.

"and that's george." she says finally pointing to the last boy sitting between alisha and matt. he looks up at her with a small, welcoming smile. she smiles back, slowly. his short dark hair is messy and rough but his eyes are softer and kinder. his face is slightly chiseled and perfectly aligned. his skin is darker than most but it's beautiful in it's own way.

she takes a seat next to liam. there bodies are extremely close. chantelle's wet hair is touching his shoulder. he cringes, slightly and moves his arm and puts it around her. chantelle looks up at him, with serious eyes.

"i don't want your wet hair on my shoulder." he says not looking towards her. she sighs and looks towards rachel.

"rachel, you should've reserved a bigger table!" chantelle complains whilst pursing her lips. rachel rolls her eyes at her behaviour.

"well, this is the biggest table they've got." she retorts grabbing a small menu from the centre of the table. chantelle sighs looking around at everyone else.

"i'm very comfortable where i am." james says smirking. keira snickers as he starts to move closer to her.

"perv." she mumbles putting the menu down. everybody, except chantelle, snickers at her crude remark. chantelle is still trying to choose what she wants.

"i would advise you to get the 'chocolate forest gateau' with ice cream." alisha says smiling at her. chantelle nods, grateful.

"that sounds nice." she says putting the menu down. once everyone has decided what they want liam and rachel go and order.

"so.. how have you enjoyed ashton town so far?" keira asks looking at her, kindly. chantelle purses her lips.

"i haven't really done much since liam's been bothering me the whole time since we're neighbours." she mumbles with a small grin. george laughs a little louder than everyone else.

"i get what you mean." he says his eyes softening. she nods.

"he just won't leave me alone. he's everywhere i go." she exaggerates, rolling his eyes. keira smirks.

"he's turning into one of his crazy fans." she says licking her lips. chantelle gasps, her eyes wide.

"that story is true?" she asks baffled. everybody nods, simultaneously.

"we didn't even believe it ourselves but we saw the posts on instagram." alisha explains. chantelle's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "the pictures of them in his bed."

"oh." she says quietly. "so people really love him, huh?"

"yup." george says popping the 'p'. james' face darkens, slightly.

"some a little less than others." he mumbles, quietly. everyone's faces turn gloomy and sad. chantelle sits there, confused.

liam and rachel come back and sit down. rachel notices that everyone is acting weird. she smiles and shakes of the strange feeling.

"the desserts will be ready soon." she says, a forced smile on her face. chantelle licks her lips, excitedly.

"good."