chapter 20.

22nd April - wednesday

it turns out that rachel lives about twenty minutes away from them, but that's only by car.

as they step out of liam's new car, it feels like they were in a whole new town. rachel's house is like a palace, all white and pristine with a lovely driveway.

"this is her house?" she asks her eyes wide and amazed. liam nods and pushes her towards the door.

the doorbell rings and rachel opens the door. she smiles, sweetly and lets them in. the music fills their ears as they enter into her living room.

"welcome!" she screeches, happily.
chantelle observes rachel in her happy state.

rachel is wearing a red sun dress and black mini kitten heels. her blonde hair is curled tightly as it hangs around her shoulders. her face is covered with small amounts of makeup, making it seem natural.

"you look nice." chantelle says with a small smile. rachel shoots her a brude look as she looks at what chantelle is wearing.

chantelle's hair is straightened and in a high ponytail, her little fringe hanging from the side. she's wearing a white and black striped off the shoulder top. her high waisted skinny jeans flattering her thick legs. chantelle's glittery sequinned flats sort of tie the whole look together, in a strange way.

"you look nice too." she says leading the two into her home. liam snickers at their brief interaction.

"what about me?" he jokes throwing her hands around chantelle's exposed shoulders. rachel laughs and looks at his outfit too.

he's wearing his classic leather jacket. however a black sloganed t-shirt is hidden underneath it. his navy blue ripped jeans expose his peachy skin from underneath the dark fabric. this time he isn't wearing his favourite red converses. he's wearing his white and grey nike sneakers.

"your outfit is.. fairly simple." rachel says looking at him, bored. liam chuckles and rolls his eyes.

chantelle shakes out of his tight grip. she wanders by the drink table and grabs a small red cup with fruit punch in it. chantelle unconsciously places the cup to her lips but just before she can have a sip, liam snatches it out of her grasp.

"what are you doing?" she asks watching him as he places the drink back down onto the table. liam tuts at her.

"no drinks for you tonight." he says pulling her away from the table. chantelle sighs and looks up at him.

"why?" she asks annoyed. liam chuckles and looks down at her, likes she's crazy.

"i don't want you getting drunk again." he reasons as they stand in the center of the carpet. she looks around at everyone else, enjoying their drinks and having fun.

her eyes flicker to matt, who seems to have had quite a lot to drink. he's leaning against the banister mumbling a few words as he swirls another drink in his white hands.

"okay.." chantelle mumbles as rachel drags matt up the stairs with a pained expression. liam notices and tilts her head towards him instead.

"they'll be fine." he says placing her hands on her shoulders. as their skin connects, chantelle looks at liam, softly. the tingles seem to be all over her body. she shivers and leans closer. he notices and pulls he closer. the two of them sway softly to the beat of the music.

chantelle smiles and looks back towards the stairs. she starts to get a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost like she wants to throw up. chantelle shakes her head and looks back towards liam, wearily.