chapter 16.

17th April - friday

chantelle wakes up with a long arm around her. it's liam's. she notices that liam's face is turned to her.

he's sleeping so quietly. his hair flops down over his closed eyes. his skin is slightly tanned and freckled in the sunlight shining in from the window. the dark bruise stands out against the brightness of the light. she looks down at his light pink lips. she notices how their so swollen and plump because of the small cut.

she blinks when she realises that she was staring at him for too long. she shakes her head and snaps out of her 'trance'.

she moves away from him and sits up on his bed. she checks the time on the small clock resting on his little black bed side table.

8:00am.

chantelle immediately jumps up, causing liam to wake from his sleep. he looks up at her as she frantically starts to freak out.

he yawns and rubs his eyes, "what's going on?"

chantelle glances over at him, confused and tired. liam smiles at her, softly.

"that's what i would like to know!" she says clasping her black afro hair in her hands. "why am i in your room? oh my gosh, did we do anything last night?"

"apart from watch the little mermaid and eat snacks.. no." liam says with a small smirk. chantelle sighs in relief.

"thank god." she whispers with her eyes closed. she looks back over at the time. 8:03am.

"i need to leave or else we're going to be late." she says before opening the door. she quickly tip toes past and goes out through their back door. she opens the small door that connects their gardens together and walks through to her house.

chantelle scrambles upstairs into her room. she opens her wardrobe and starts searching for a decent outfit.

she picks out a short black blazer, a white button up t-shirt and a black and white checkered short skirt. she puts on her black kitten heels and storms into simon's room.

"get up!" she shouts switching on his bedroom light. simon opens his eyes with a squint and reluctantly rolls out of bed.

while he's getting himself together, chantelle rushes back to her room and grabs her backpack and her phone. then she goes into the kitchen and grabs a energy bar of the counter.

"simon, come on." she shouts opening the front door. chantelle sees liam and taylor waiting. she huffs and quickly ties her hair up into a messy bun as simon walks out the door.

they quickly rush to get their brothers to school. then the rush back down to asfc.

"by the way, what did you mean by 'anything'?" liam asks a small smirk on his lips as they walk into law at 8:40am. as they sit down next to eachother, chantelle gives him a strained look.

"you know what i meant!" she says taking her law folder out of her backpack.

"do i?" he says cheekily. she sighs and glances up at him, annoyed.

"yes, you do."

"what did your mum say about your face?" chantelle asks as she looks towards him, wearily. liam bites his tongue as he looks at her.

"she was pretty pissed about it. but she was too tired to argue about it so she went to bed." liam says before rubbing his eyes. chantelle looks back over to the interactive board, thinking.

"my mum used to be so overprotective too," chantelle says tapping her pen onto the desk, lazily. liam chuckles, lightly and glances towards her.

"why? you don't seem that bad." he says smirking at her. she scoffs.