chapter 30.

"stop!"

chantelle's voice screeches out in the thick silence. liam looks up with a puzzled look on his heated face.

"what?" he asks as his hands seem to be doing there own thing as they pull down chantelle's zip to her trousers. she throws him a very strong icy glare but his hands just linger there.

"i can see that your hands seem to be.. uh.." she starts but he's looking up at her so innocently that it's hard for her to stay serious.

"what? what's wrong?" he asks again as his mischievous hands slide further, making her shiver.

"that.. no this is wrong." chantelle says slightly dazed as she begins to slowly move away from him. liam stands there totally confused.

"this is wrong?" he repeats as a small frown starts to appear on his face. chantelle shakes her head and smiles, weakly.

"no.. me thinking about having sex with you is wrong, especially after.." she stops herself when she realises what she's saying. chantelle presses her lips together and picks her bag off of the floor.

"you don't trust me, do you?" liam says as she turns the door knob, just about to leave. chantelle turns towards him, slightly and blinks at his surprising question.

"of course i t-rust you." she says her voice breaking in the process. he scoffs and rolls his light brown eyes.

"you don't." he says firmly. chantelle feels her heart slightly breaking as liam's shoulders sink.

"you think i don't trust you because i won't have sex with you?" she asks aloud, causing liam's head to turn to her.

"of course, having sex is a big deal." he clarifies, however his statement causes chantelle to roll her eyes.

"if sex was such a big deal.. you wouldn't have wasted it on all those other girls." she says subconsciously. his face falls and his fists clench, angrily.

chantelle watches as liam gets up off the chair and walks out the door. she curses under her breath and goes to run after him.

"liam! i'm sorry." she says calling out to him. he doesn't stop to listen as just walks back to the canteen.

chantelle shakes her head and feels small, annoying tears threatning to fall.

they fall ever so slowly as she recalls all the events over the past few days.

"shit." she says before sinking down to the ground.

what have i done?

"are you okay?" keira asks taking a seat next to chantelle. chantelle smiles, weakly before turning back to face the board.

keira furrows her brows at this and sighs, "okay.. spill!"

"what do you mean? there's nothing to spill." she says before biting her lip, nervously. keira scoffs.

"well, there's clearly something bothering you." she infers as chantelle purses her lips in deep thought.

"but.." she starts before keira throws her a pointed look. "liam and i had an argument-"

"right. that's why you two aren't talking." she says nodding her head.

"yeah but lydia said something's to me about liam is just using me to get her back." chantelle says with small, salty tears in her eyes. "i said i didn't believe her, but her words have just been floating around in my head all day."

"is that why you aren't talking?" she asks unsure. chantelle shakes her head.

"no.. i said something horrible-" she starts feeling herself breaking down. keira gives her a reassuring look. "i said.. if sex was such a big deal.. you wouldn't have wasted it on all those other girls."

"oh.." keira says as it sinks in. "you two were about to have sex?!"

"no! i mean yes.. but i didn't want to and he accused me of not trusting him, so i snapped." chantelle says as a small, salty, smooth tear rolls down her brown skin. keira holds chantelle's hand in hers and smiles, calmly.

"it's okay.. it's pretty clear that you didn't mean what you said, right?"
she asks as chantelle wipes her tears away.

"of course, i didn't." she says sadly before running her free hand through her messy hair. keira smiles and squeezes her hand.

"then, go and get him back."

liam hears his phone go off, so he takes a look and sees chantelle's name.

chantelle: come out to the front garden.

liam ignores her message and just places his phone on his bed.

*ding*

chantelle: please?

liam sighs and shakes his head at her persistence. but he decides to go out to speak with her.

he steps outside and sees her standing by all of taylor's old toys.

we need to get rid of those.

he looks at chantelle and sees a sad smile resting on her gorgeous, glossy lips.

liam tries to smile back but fails as his lips just stay frozen. chantelle notices and a glimmer of sadness appears in her eyes for a second.

"liam.. i'm sorry for what i said." she says watching his fists clench, slightly at the memory of it. "i really didn't mean it."

he looks down at her and lets out a short small breath, before opening up his arms and hugging her.

she feels his warm arms around her body and smiles.

liam rests his head onto hers and smiles as the familiar scent of coconut and lemon fills his nostrils.

"i'm sorry too." he mumbles into her hair. chantelle pulls away so she can look at him.

"for what?" she asks confused.

"for accusing you of not trusting me." he says quietly. chantelle smiles and places a small kiss on his nose.

"i do trust you.." she says cupping his cheek into her hands. "i just didn't want to do it just yet."

"i understand that now.. i mean who wants to have sex in an empty classroom?" he says a small smirk rising on his lips. she laughs and pokes his chest.

"not very romantic, is it?" chantelle says smirking. liam rolls his eyes at her smug attitude and pouts.

"no, but you are."