chapter 27.

28th April - tuesday

chantelle sees rachel already sitting in her seat, as she walks into economics. rachel smiles at her and she smiles back.

"so.. about the party-" rachel starts. chantelle looks towards her, with a small smile. "what did your parents say?"

"well.. they said we could have one but-" she pauses. rachel nods for her to continue. "we can't have any alcoholic beverages."

"how are we supposed to have fun at a party without alcohol?" rachel asks a confused look on her face. chantelle chuckles, lightly.

"that's what i said!" she exclaims with a short laugh. "she was like 'you'll figure it out'"

rachel sighs whilst shaking her head. she twirls her blonde curls around her peachy fingers, thinking.

"i guess.. it could just be like a gathering." she says smiling. chantelle nods, slowly. "but who are you going to invite?"

"well.. i was thinking you could sort that out since i don't know anyone." chantelle says sheepishly. rachel tuts and rolls her eyes.

"oh, yeah. i forgot about that." she mutters, her lips pursed in thought. chantelle lets out a small chuckle as rachel continues to think.

"we could just have fizzy drinks and junk food instead." she reasons before looking back at chantelle. chantelle nods in agreement.

"i'm kind of glad your mum said no alcohol.." she whispers as the memory of their arguement fills her mind. chantelle watches her, eyes full of concern. "it's just matt.. he was always a heavy drinker but it's getting out of control, i am so worried about him.. i'm scared he's going to hurt himself."

chantelle winces as the memories of her at that party fill her mind. she blinks as the empty 1 litre bottle of wkd appears in her mind as she throws up. chantelle shudders as rachel looks at her, sadly.

"it'll be okay.. we just have to try and help him out." she says taking rachel's hands into hers. rachel nods and smiles, weakly.

"yeah, you're right."

"liam~" chantelle sings skipping towards him. liam tilts his head to the side so he can look at her. "let's go to the café."

"no, i can't go back there after what happened with milan." he mumbles, embarrassed. she pokes him and gives a cute smile.

"please.. i just want one drink and maybe we could share a piece of victoria sponge cake." she says trying to bribe him. liam glances towards her cute expression. he smiles and rolls his eyes.

"fine." he says grabbing his bag and walking ahead. she chuckles and follows behind him.

the two enter jolie café yet again. the waitress watches them as they sit down at the table for two. she then strolls over to their table and smiles, tiredly.

"what would you like to order?" melissa asks looking down at chantelle who's smiling at liam. chantelle clears her throat, slightly flustered and looks away.

"an iced cinnamon dolce latte and a small piece of victoria sponge cake, please!" she chirps. melissa nods to liam, who has a bored expression on his face.

"anything for you sir?" she asks. liam shakes his head and glances back at chantelle who is watching melissa with bright eyes.

"your order will be ready soon." she mumbles before, slowly, walking to the counter. chantelle smiles, politely and then looks at liam, who is looking at her.