chapter 11.

liam and chantelle sit next to eachother during law. chantelle looks over at him. he looks towards her. they both smirk at eachother. she rolls her eyes at him.

"you're rubbing off on me." she comments whilst flipping through liam's red law folder. she raises her eyebrows at his extremely neat handwriting.

"what can i say?" he asks shrugging his broad shoulders. she looks up at him.

"tell me your secret." she says narrowing her brown, beady eyes at him. he scratches his head, confused.

"what secret?" he says pursing his lips. she flips the folder around and points to his writing.

"how is your handwriting so neat?" chantelle says her eyes wide. he shrugs, nonchalantly. "come on, i've got to know."

"my handwriting is absolutely horrible." she says starting to copy a few of his notes. chantelle cringes as the letters come out all clustered and illiterate. liam smirks.

"that is horrible." he says looking down at it, with fake disgust. she slaps his arm and turns away.

"i hate you." she says pouting her glossy lips. he snickers.

"of course you do." he says looking towards her hand with her pen in it. she grips it tightly and starts to write again.

this time it sort of improves. it's less scruffy and slightly more clear.

liam puts his hand over chantelle's lightly and begins to move it calmly and steadily along the paper. a small, warm tingle goes through chantelle's arm as she watches their hands move together.

"you've got to take your time." he whispers. she nods, understanding.

"don't rush."

it's lunchtime and chantelle is with the others. they're talking about how amber gills won love island this year.

"yeah, i mean i wasn't surprised." chantelle says shrugging. "i mean she's amber."

"i wish amber and ovie were together." alisha says smiling. rachel nods.

"that would've been so cute!" rachel squeals happily. matt looks up at her like she's crazy.

"nah, they were just friends." matt says smugly. "greg and amber suit eachother."

"either way amber would've won so it doesn't matter." chantelle says pursing her lips. they all shrug.

"where is james, kiera and george?" liam asks walking up to the table late. rachel looks up.

"george had to go and do some extra work." rachel says smiling as he sits between her and chantelle.

"keira and james.. are probably off somewhere kissing eachother." alisha says rolling her eyes. chantelle looks up, her eyes full of curiosity.

"really?" she says looking at them. they all nod.

"those two are like 'friends with benefits'" matt says pushing his hair back. chantelle makes a weird face at that.

"why? they'd make a great couple." she says her eyes narrow. rachel looks up and glares at her playfully.

"stop playing cupid." she says with a playful look. chantelle scowls and rolls her eyes.

chantelle notices that liam's arm is slightly wrapped around her waist. she grimaces and moves his arm away.

liam looks down at her and pouts, playfully. "what did my arm ever do to you?"

"nothing, i just don't want it wrapped around me like a snake." she says smiling, tightly. he chuckles and puts his arm back around her. she huffs and sneers at him, annoyed.