chapter 04.

9th April - thursday

liam: where are you?

chantelle: at the bookstore. why?

liam: i'm bored.. can i come?

chantelle: no.

liam: why? i bet you
miss my company.

chantelle: we live next to each other, that's enough.

liam: aww, don't be like that.

chantelle: ugh, don't you have other friends you can hangout with?

liam: you should be glad that i want to hangout with you!!

chantelle: should i?

liam: yes.. now i'm on my way!!

chantelle: 🤦🏾‍♀️

liam walks into patricia's bookstore, slowly and the smell of bitter black coffee and old books fills his nostrils. he cringes slightly as he looks around. his brown eyes flicker towards chantelle.

she's in the corner, observing a few superhero comic books. liam smirks, slightly at the sight of her.

chantelle is in to comic books? interesting.

he creeps up behind her and touches her shoulder, carefully. she jumps up and looks up at him, annoyed.

"don't scare me like that." she mutters, whilst glaring at him. liam shrugs and watches as chantelle continues to look at the books in her hands.

"who are these for?" he asks before snatching one of the colourful covered books out of her brown hands. chantelle sighs and shakes her head, slowly.

"they're for my brother." she mumbles before looking up at up at him, slowly. liam smirks and chuckles at her response.

"classic, blaming your guilty pleasure on the sibling." he tuts as she walks towards the cashier. chantelle ignores his stupid comment and continues to pay for the two comic books.

she wraps her fingers around the handle of her small, brown bag and begins to walk towards the door. liam follows, a slight spring in his step.

"what is your.. guilty pleasure?" liam asks slowly as chantelle turns to face him. she furrows her brows and tilts her head to the left, in pure confusion.

he watches her glossy, pink lips curl up into a light smirk. she throws him a mischievous grin.

"my guilty pleasure is.. knowing that my lips aren't crusty like yours." she retorts causing liam to gasp, in fake shock. he touches his lips and then glances up at her, curiously.

"hey, my lips aren't crusty-" he starts but he sees her walking away.

"of course they aren't, i was joking." chantelle says swinging her arms as she walks towards snakes skates. liam catches up to her and throws her a slightly strained look.

"how are girls supposed to kiss me lips if they're crusty?" liam gloats. chantelle snorts and looks up at him, with narrow eyes.

"you're so annoying.." she mumbles before looking back over to the roller skating place. liam notices and throws his arm around her light shoulders.

"let's go and skate." he says walking ahead, forcing her to follow him.

as they walk past the bright neon sign and into the large building, chantelle eyes widen at the retro setting.

there's a large rink in the middle of the room, with all kinds of people gliding along. the red carpet contrasts against the green walls either side of them. there's a exotic snack bar to her right; with samosa's and chutney. pink neon lights shine down onto the floor, creating a light hearted atmosphere.

"this is.. amazing!" she says with a wide smile on her face. liam smirks when he hears this and drags her up to the counter.

he pays £5.00 for the tickets and then drags over to choose her skates. liam chooses a navy blue and gold pair of roller skates. chantelle chooses a bright neon pair of skates; which definitely clashes against her dull, plain outfit.

they slowly step on the rink. chantelle lingers behind liam as he slides ahead, confidently. he spins around and looks at chantelle, while trying to balance. she throws him a pointed look and pouts her lips.

"what? are you scared?" he asks teasing her. she shrugs and looks away. liam leans in and takes her hand, slowly. chantelle feels her body gravitating towards him and she doesn't resist. his hand is tightly wrapped around hers and he slides with her to the centre of the floor.

the song 'no guidance' by chris brown ft drake comes on and everyone else is slowly drifting along to the beat of the music.

liam pulls her towards him and she looks up at him, confused. he smirks and chuckles at her expression.

"it would be a lot easier to dance with you, if you looked at me." he says whilst licking his plump, moist lips. chantelle smiles, softly and slowly wraps her arms around his waist and they slowly drift along to the beat just like the others.

they stare at each other, wordlessly and chantelle feels her face heating up in embarrassment. liam notices and starts to laugh, slightly.

she rolls her dark brown eyes and stares at the shine on his classic leather jacket.

"do you even wash that thing?" she whispers as the music fades, leaving them in silence. he glares at her, playfully and shakes his head.

"uhh.. yes, i do." he says proudly. chantelle smiles, stiffly as another song comes on. she attempts to spin around but ends up getting dizzy and falls over onto her bum. liam is laughing at her confused state.

chantelle glares up at him, annoyed. he ignores her angry expression and pulls her up from off of the floor.

"thanks." she whispers. he scoffs before throwing her a sly smirk.

"yeah.. just don't try that again." he warns her rolling over to the edge of the rink, his hand wrapped around hers. she purses her lips in thought and watches as they roll towards the snack bar.

"samosa?" he asks as they sit down. chantelle nods and watches as his hand reaches towards the tray of warm, fresh samosa's.

they look yummy.

chantelle licks her lips as liam places the samosa into her welcoming hands. she then dips the lovely samosa into the sweet mango chutney.

liam watches her eat the indian delicacy with pure joy. he laughs to himself as he sees a smudge of chutney resting on the corner of her glossy lips.

"you've got something.. on your lip." he states before leaning over to wipe it off with a napkin.

their faces are extremely close to each other. liam's hand slides across her cheek and quickly wipes it away. chantelle feels her body tingle at the close proximity of the two. his breath lingers on her skin as he stares into her deep, dark brown eyes. the silences becomes deafining as the two seem to stare at each other.

chantelle clears her throat, embarrassed and liam leans away, slowly.

"sorry.." liam says, apologising. she shakes her head, waving the tingling sensation away.

"it's fine."