chapter 07.

11th April - saturday

liam wakes up in his bed, tired and confused on an early saturday morning. he checks the time.

7:08

he yawns and starts to make his way downstairs. he stops at the top of his staircase when he sees all the mess.

omg! mum is going to kill me.

he looks around at all the cups scattered carelessly on the ground. he starts to pick them up and puts them in a black bin bag.

he manages to sort of clean the living room. he sees a small, gold familiar looking purse hanging on the banister of the staircase.

that's chantelle's purse!

he rushes upstairs with it and looks out of his window. he can see her sitting up on her bed.

he slides his window open, slowly. he moves closer and leans out, carefully.

"chantelle!" he calls out. her eyes flicker towards him and she yawns.

is that liam?

she moves her desk once more, so she can get to the window. she pushes her window open.

"what?" she asks her voice breaking, slightly. she clears her throat, embarrassed.

"you left your purse." he says holding up for her to see. her face turns to one of confusion.

"what?!" she says again. liam shakes his head at her.

"your purse!" he says as loud as he can. he holds it out. her eyes widen and she nods. "do you want me to throw it?"

she gasps, "no! my phone is in there!" she quickly puts on her shoes and rushes downstairs out to liam's front garden.

chantelle knocks on his door. "open up, it's cold."

liam opens the door to see her in a red vest top and a black pair of shorts. he smirks.

"that's probably because you're literally wearing nothing." he says letting her in. she snarls at him, annoyed.

she looks at his outfit. he's wearing a large white vest and a pair of navy blue basketball shorts.

"you're not wearing anything either!" chantelle exclaims snatching her purse out of his hands. he shrugs.

"i'm indoors," he retorts rolling his tired brown eyes. she ignores him and turns to go back home.

"wait! i need your help." he says grabbing her arm. his warm hands rest on her goosebump filled arm. she looks up at him, dumbfounded.

"with what? it's 7 o'clock in the morning." she states firmly. liam chuckles.

"exactly and my mum's coming back home very soon.. so i need your help cleaning up." he says a small smile on his peachy lips. she closes her eyes, tightly and sighs.

"are you joking?" chantelle asks her voice quiet. liam shakes his head. she opens her eyes and looks around.

she sees the cups and napkins scattered all over the living room floor. she sees all the snack packages crumpled into one corner. she shudders at the amount of dirt in his living room.

"no, i can't." chantelle says turning the door knob. liam pulls her back towards him.

"please, my mum will murder me." he says looking at her with wide eyes. she shrugs.

"you've made your bed, now lie in it." chantelle says flicking her frizzy 'straightend' hair out of her face. liam sighs. she looks up at him, softly.

"you can't expect me to help you when you tricked me into coming over here, so that i could clean for you." she says smiling, wearily. liam looks down at her, perplexed.