chapter 23.

24th April - friday

liam is waiting by the water fountain opposite from chantelle's psychology classroom in the blue building.

what's taking her so long?

he looks up and sees her strolling out with her head turned to the floor. chantelle sighs frustrated and stuffs a small piece of paper into her backpack. she bumps into liam and she rests her head on his chest. liam smiles as a warm tickling feeling creeps up chest.

he uses his hands to tilt her head up to him. she looks up at him, her hair shuffling behind her shoulders. chantelle eyes, soften at the sight of him. liam watches as her lips part, slowly as she becomes dazed.

"you okay?" he asks pushing her off of his chest. she nods. "you sure?"

"yeah, i'm just overloaded with assignments right now." she says rubbing her eyes. he smirks as her lips pout.

"that's what asfc will do to you." he saying watching as her shoulders shake out of laughter. "let me take your mind off it,"

chantelle feels his warm hand slide up to her cheek, shivers as his cold hand caresses her gently. he uses his thumb to rub underneath her eye, softly.

he leans down and places his soft lips onto hers. she kisses him back and leans up towards him. he teases her by rubbing circles on her back, causing her breath to hitch in his throat. she pulls away, trying to catch her breath. liam smirks as slowly strolls his hands down her arms, causing her to look up at him.

"more," she whispers coming closer to him. liam raises an eyebrow at her desperate plee. he smirks, lazily.

"i never thought this would be the day you would be asking me for more." he comments watching his as she becomes annoyed. chantelle pulls his t-shirt and narrows her eyes at him

"just shut up and kiss me." she growls, angry. he chuckles and leans down to her face.

he smirks and kisses her again letting his tongue slip through her mouth. she hums and grips onto his t-shirt. liam continues to tie their tongues together and she grips onto him tighter and tighter as the kiss gets more and more intense.

when chantelle lets go, the kisses become softer and slow. liam runs his hands, underneath her shirt, down her curved back. he can feel the goosebumps on her skin and his adrenaline rushes through his veins. slowly, chantelle pulls away from him.

"that was different," she comments watching liam smooth out his white shirt. liam glances down at her, smug.

"i was expecting, you kiss by the book,"he says a sly look on his face, whilst quoting romeo and juliet. chantelle hits his chest, weakly and rolls her eyes at his attempt to be funny.

"at least i know you're learning something in your english class." she says starting to walk away. he snickers before following her.

"i've learned a lot of things." he says cheekily. "it's helped me to flirt with girls easily."

chantelle ignores him and continues to walk ahead. liam chuckles, lightly and follows her.

"i was expecting you to get jealous, or throw a huge tantrum about what i said; but you didn't." liam whispers. she stops and stares up at him, totally bored.

"why would i do that? this isn't mean girls, liam." she mutters shaking her head. liam sighs, before letting her continue.

"and besides you're an idiot."

chantelle and liam are walking home, their younger brothers ahead of them. their pinky fingers clasped around each others. as they reach their houses, liam leads chantelle to her door again.

he leans down and kisses her glossy lips. she kisses him back and smiles.

"you taste really sweet," he mumbles as their noses touch. she chuckles and leans away.

"that's the strawberry lipgloss." she says smiling, softly. he nods and smirks.

"i like it," he says as she opens the door. chantelle rolls his eyes at him.

"mhm, so do i." she says as his eyes linger on her lips with a sense of longing. she slaps his cheek and he snaps out of it.

"well, thanks." chantelle says as he steps away from her door. he nods and sends her a small wink, making her heart leap. chantelle turns to go into her house.

liam walks away and goes into his house, reluctantly.

liam sees his mother standing by the window. almost as if she was watching.

"liam, you have to stop toying with her," miss green says fixing the curtains. liam's face falls.

"i'm not toying with her," he says his voice hard and low. his mum glances over to him with narrow eyes.

"then what are you doing?" she asks waiting. he sighs.

"i don't know.. but i want whatever we have to be real." he says with pleading eyes. his mum scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"when i said no more girls, i meant it; whether or not you two are seriously going to date." she says through gritted teeth. liam feels his heart break, slightly.

"so, you don't want me to be happy?" he asks his eyes filling with tiny drops of tears. miss green sighs and places her hand on his shoulder.

"i do, i just don't want you getting hurt. she was the reason you got this bruise and the nasty scar." she says grimacing. he pulls away from her and shakes his head.

"no, she wasn't. callum said some shitty things about dad, so i got mad." he explains, cautiously. she blinks at the word 'dad' and tuts at him.

"you seem to always blame your fights on your father," alannah says rolling her eyes at him. "liam, you've got to move on."

"i have moved on," he whispers biting his lip. she narrows her eyes at him again.

"if you say so." she says letting him off. "just don't let her break your heart, i heard from rachel that she took drugs."

what?

"mum.." he starts as she gives him a pointed look. he sighs.

"is that true?" miss green presses. liam nods, slowly and looks up at her.

"but she's changed now, we both have." liam expresses. his mum just clenches her fists and turns away.

"we will talk about this later." alannah says before walking into the kitchen. liam sighs and goes up to his room.

why is love so difficult?