chapter 32.

1st May - friday

"your house is nice." rachel says as the two of them walk up to chantelle's house.

chantelle looks towards liam's house with a faint, weary smile on her lips.

liam went to pick up simon and taylor, just so she good finish finalizing her party plans.

"aww, do you miss him?" rachel asks while nudging her shoulder, lightly. chantelle shakes her head with a little chuckle before throwing her a dry look.

"no.. of course not." she says as they walk in, the vanilla candle scent hitting their nostrils.

what is that smell?

chantelle grimaces as they walk into living room, where the smell become more prominent.

"why are these candles burning?" she mumbles as her mum walks in.

"because.. they smell nice- oh.. you brought another friend over?" she asks glancing towards rachel. chantelle nods.

"yeah.. rachel and i would like to discuss the party tomorrow.." chantelle says slowly as her mum's face lights up. hannah claps her hands gleeful and beckons them to take a seat.

"of course!" she says smiling, a little too widely. chantelle and rachel take a seat on the soft, brown sofa.

"well i was-" rachel starts before chantelle throws her a sharp glare. "i mean, we were planning on having a small gathering with a few students from asfc."

"a few?" hannah starts observing rachel as she flicks through the guest list on her phone.

"yeah, around 25-30 of us." she explains. hannah purses her lips before narrowing her dark brown eyes.

"i guess that'll do.. just no mess, drugs or alcohol. okay?" she says throwing chantelle a pointed look.

"okay, mum." chantelle mumbles tiredly. rachel claps her peachy hands and throws mrs walker a gleeful smile.

"are you going to stay for dinner or.." her mum asks rachel, kindly.

"no, i'll probably stay for about another hour, so it's fine." she explains before glancing towards her silver, sparkly olivia burton watch.

"okay... i'll be in the kitchen if you need me." mrs walker says before walking out. chantelle sighs and turns towards rachel. rachel throws her a questioning look before smiling, sympathetically.

"you look stressed out." she infers before watching chantelle run her feeble hands threw her wild, curly afro hair. "it's your birthday and you're going to relax and fun."

"yeah.. but what am i going to wear? how are we supposed to buy all the snacks and drinks by tomorrow?" she mused, sadly. rachel places her hands on her shoulder, causing chantelle to look up at her.

"we'll get that sorted." rachel says trying reassure her. "also i'll help you decide what you're going to wear to your date and to your party."

"huh? did liam tell you about that?" she asks her eyes lighting up. rachel nods as they go upstairs to her room. "did he say anything about where we're going?"

"no.. but if he did i wouldn't tell you." she says winking, slyly.

the two of them walk into chantelle's room. rachel winces as she sees the vast amount of mess on the floor. chantelle laughs, forcefully before quickly trying to clean up the mess.

"it's okay.. you don't have to." rachel with a comforting smile. chantelle chuckles before opening her large, black wardrobe.

"i was planning on wearing this.." she says timidly holding up a red button up and black skirt. rachel purses her lips, slightly, in deep thought.