chapter 18.

20th April  - monday

it's a bright and early monday morning.

however, it's not so bright for chantelle.

chantelle wakes up, sluggishly. her head starts to spin a little, she loses balance and falls onto the ground.

*ding*

she sits up and grabs her phone off her desk, annoyed.

who could this be?

liam: that's why you don't drink in the middle of the day. 😉

she stands up and glances towards her window, bitterly. chantelle sees liam waving at her, happily with a wide smirk on his face.

i hate him.

she rubs her pounding head and walks over to her wardrobe. she slowly picks out an outfit.

chantelle chooses a green button up shirt, a navy blue pair of skinny jeans and a black cardigan. she smiles, content and moves over to her dresser.

she grabs her hair brush and attempts to brush her unruly hair. she winces as the brush scrapes against her scalp, harshly.

after five minutes of groaning and slight frustration, her hair is now soft and knot free. she sighs, tiredly and slowly begins to put on her outfit.

she leaves the house alone today since ashton's primary school are having an inset day.

liam greets her with a small smile. he walks up to her and wraps his arm around his waist and bites his lip.

"do you mind?" she says pressing her fingers against her temples, lightly. liam snickers at her stupid question.

"no, i don't." he whispers. she huffs and rolls her eyes. "i do what i want and i get what i want, when i want it."

"that's what i'm afraid of."

"i'm really not in the mood to cheer for the ashton sixth form football team." chantelle murmurs rubbing her head as it still continues to pound.

"but you'll get to see me play." matt says flashing her a small smile. liam snickers at that. chantelle glares at the both of them and shakes her head.

"all i care about is food and sleep." she says shrugging whilst placing her hand on her stomach. james smiles, slyly and leans forward interested.

"are you.. pregnant?" he asks watching chantelle's face change into one of absolute shock. she snaps her head to james and then to keira.

"can i hit him?" she asks keira, angrily. keira shrugs, a small chuckle escaping from her lips.

"do what you must." keira says as chantelle picks up her empty lunch tray. she smacks james across the head with it. everyone laughs except james.

"are you out of your mind? i mean who on earth would the father be?" chantelle says fuming. james smirks and glances towards liam.

"liam." everyone except liam and chantelle says. she sits there speechless and looks at liam, who is smirking.

"ugh! how horrid!" chantelle says as she looks away from liam. "the baby would be so ugly."

"that was a total lie." liam says leaning closer to her. chantelle grips the tray in her brown hands, annoyed.

"i won't hesitate to hit you," she hisses as his eyes study her face. when he doesn't move away, she goes to swing the red tray in his direction but he dodges it, swiftly.