chapter 13.

15th April - wednesday

it's wednesday night.

that means it's party time.

chantelle has just finished getting ready. she grabs her gold, small purse and throws it over her shoulder. it dangles there as she walks down the stairs in her black kitten heels.

she quietly walks out into the front garden and looks over to liam's house. liam is standing by the front door, scrolling through his phone.

chantelle crosses over onto their front garden and walks up to him. he glances up and runs his eyes down her body.

chantelle's hair is out curly and wild. her face glows underneath her mask as she looks up at him. her dress looks beautiful in the bright street light as the diamonds shimmer.

"you look better than you did yesterday." he says slipping his arm through hers, carefully. she purses her lips, tightly at his comment.

"thanks. you don't look too bad yourself." she says as they walk towards the edge of the grass. she glances up at liam.

his hair is tightly curled and his face looks slightly more handsome underneath the blazing light. the tuxedo fits perfectly around his tall body. he looks perfect.

"how are we getting to collin's house?" she asks looking away from him. liam uses his free hand  to scratch his neck, softly.

"george should be here soon, he's driving us." he explains. chantelle looks up at him, in surprise.

"all of us?" she asks. he shakes his head.

"no, james is taking keira, matt and rachel." he clarifies. she nods, with understanding. "george and james are the only ones with their licenses and their the only ones with cars too."

"really? out of the four of you, i thought you'd get yours first." she says looking up at him, softly. he shrugs.

"i'm going for the test on saturday." he says looking down at her. she smiles, lightly.

"i hope you pass." she says with a smirk. he nods. "then you can drive me to my swimming lessons.."

he laughs at her, dryly. she shrugs, cutely.

"what makes you think that i would drive you to your swimming lessons, let alone anywhere?" he asks her his voice low. the tingles run up her neck as his breath hits her smooth skin. she grips onto his arm a little more, tightly.

"well.. we're neighbours and it would be the nicest thing to do." she says trying to convince him. he leans away and watches as george's car pulls up in front of them.

"i'll think about it." he says smirking, lazily. she rolls her eyes and gets in the car and sits next to him.

alisha turns up the radio a little louder and leans back in the passenger seat.

"let's go and party!"

as george pulls up to collin's house, chantelle sees keira, james and rachel and matt waiting by the front door.

they group together and the eight of them start to walk into the large, crowded mansion.

as they walk in, the music gets louder and more exciting. there's about 100 people in this house drinking on balconies, by the stairs and in the garden by the pool.

chantelle looks around, wearily at all the people. she bites her lip, nervously. liam notices and leans down close to her.

"are you scared?" he asks as her eyes flicker towards his face. she notices how close they are and slowly pushes him away.