chapter 40.

4th May - monday

"what film do you want to see?" liam asks chantelle as she sits next to him, in their law class. she shrugs.

"you can decide." she says before winking at him, cutely. liam pouts at this, but continues to copy the work from the board.

chantelle looks down at his hand writing, smoothly and the memory of their first law class together, flutters through her mind.

"tell me your secret." she said narrowing her brown, beady eyes at him. he scratched his head, confused.

"what secret?" he said pursing his lips. she flipped the folder around and pointed to his writing.

"how is your handwriting so neat?" chantelle said her eyes wide. he shrugged, nonchalantly. "come on, i've got to know."

"my handwriting is absolutely horrible." she said starting to copy a few of his notes. chantelle cringed as the letters came out all clustered and illiterate. liam smirked.

"that is horrible." he said looking down at it, with fake disgust. she slapped his arm and turned away.

"i hate you." she said pouting her glossy lips. he snickered.

chantelle seems to accidentally giggle out loud at this, causing everyone to look at her.

however, she doesn't notice as she is stuck in a daze. liam nudges her elbow gently, with a sly smirk on his face.

"huh?" she murmurs before looking around at everybody else. "sorry."

chantelle's face heats up, embarrassed and she glances at liam, who is still smirking.

"what were you thinking about?"

"you."

°

"mum, liam and i are going to see a film tonight at 5." chantelle says popping into the living room. "and if i'm not here then i'll be next door with liam."

her mum nods, "just make sure you get your school work done."

"i will." she says before scurrying back up to her room, full of excitement and glee.

chantelle quickly scans through her wardrobe, trying to pick an outfit.

she picks out a black silk dress, a pair of kitten heels and hoops, along with the bracelet liam gave her yesterday.

chantelle smiles to herself and glances towards her phone as the screen lights up.

her heart seems to jump at the sight liam's nickname, late liam.

i should change that.

she quickly puts liam❤️ before replying to him.

liam: yo. 😏💋💋💋

chantelle: hey, bae

liam: you ready for tonight?

chantelle: of course i am.

liam: 😁🤭🤭

chantelle puts her phone down for a moment to go and grab her straightener.

liam notices that she hasn't replied to his smiley emoji and begins to pout in his drunken state.

"she hasn't replied yet." he whispers to himself before taking another sip of his vodka infused cola.