chapter 15.

chantelle sits in front of liam, applying some ice to his sore bruise. liam winces as the cold ice touches the wound.

"i'm sorry you had to see that." liam says watching her blank expression as she just continues to fix the wound. he grimaces as it hurts to speak. she looks at him, her eyes full of pity.

"stop talking. you'll make it worse." she says quietly. he shuts his mouth and stays silent. chantelle leans away from his face and sees the red, bleeding cut on his lip. she tuts and grabs a wet piece of tissue, then carefully applies it to his wound.

"shit, that burns." liam whispers. chantelle glares at him. "sorry."

she stops applying the wet tissue and looks at it. it has stopped bleeding, so she throws the tissue away and starts to clean up.

liam just watches her as she starts to clean the appliances away. he waits for her to finish. she sits back down in front of him and looks at him, wearily.

"why didn't you tell me? i mean i had my suspicions that you two weren't the best of friends but.. i didn't think it was because of that." she says touching his cheek, the tingles spread down her arm and she shivers. liam leans into her touch and smiles, weakly at her.

"i didn't want you to think of me as a bad person for what i did." he says watching her as she sighs whilst shaking her head, her black curly afro moving around, wildly.

"that was in the past and i'm not going to judge you for it." she explains removing her warm hand from his face. he nods, slowly. "i was just disappointed in you."

"i know. i think everyone was but i've changed my ways. i promised to never mess with girls again." he says his eyes full of shame. chantelle smiles, softly.

"good." she says leaning in to hug him. she wraps her small arms around his torso, slowly. he hugs her back and wraps his arms around her waist.

"is this really happening?" liam asks a small, devious smirk on his bruised face. chantelle furrows her brows at his strange question. "i never thought you would hug me."

"really?" she asks as they pull away from eachother, slowly. he nods.

"you hate it when i touch you" he says slowly watching her face get brighter. she laughs.

"yeah.. because you touch me all of the time." she explains brushing her hair over her shoulders. liam smiles.

"i'm sorry that callum said those things about your dad." chantelle says taking his hand, softly. the warm tingles prick her fingers as their skins touch. liam's eyes flicker up towards her face, in sadness.

"callum is a smug little bastard, but i can't blame him." liam says shrugging his broad shoulders. chantelle sighs and lets go of his hand, reluctantly.

chantelle checks the time on her phone, "we have twenty minutes left of lunch." liam sighs and rolls his eyes.

"let's go, before the others start worrying about us." chantelle says jumping up to her feet. liam sighs, heavily but follows behind chantelle anyway.

as they walk up to the table, rachel looks up at the two of them with narrow eyes.

"what happened?" she asks immediately standing up to look at his face. she rushes forward and touches his face, looking at all his wounds.

matt looks up interested and smirks, "did chantelle give you that?"

liam snickers and rolls his eyes. rachel shakes her head and glares at matt, annoyed.

"you wish."

liam:
you wanna come around mine?