chapter 09.

"wait!" rachel says gaining everybody's attention. "before we eat we must take a selfie."

liam looks down at chantelle and smirks as she gets excited.

"what?" she asks him looking up at him, her head tilted to the left.

"this reminds me of the other time when we went to burger king and you wanted to 'preserve' the memory of us eating burgers." he says pursing his lips. she sighs and rolls her dark brown eyes.

"of course, that's the whole point of taking pictures." she mumbles glaring up at him. alisha nods in agreement.

"yeah, to appreciate the past." she says smugly. liam's eyes darken and he looks towards rachel.

"whatever, let's just take the picture." he grumbles. rachel nods, quickly and swaps with chantelle so she include everyone in the photo.

everyone looks up and smiles, sweetly at her baby pink polaroid camera. rachel waits for the picture to print. she shakes it and smiles as the colours come out.

"aw, that is so cute." keira says looking at it. chantelle nods and gets out her phone so she can take a picture of it.

she smiles at the picture and puts her phone away.

chantelle looks at her small plate. the small slice of 'chocolate forest gateau' is sitting there looking so delicious as the ice cream settles around it, melting slowly. she licks her lips and grabs her spoon.

she takes a bite of the cake and all the sweet flavours just amaze her. the soft texture of the cake makes it melt in her mouth. the ice cream makes the whole thing just so creamy. the icing brings a kick of sweetness to it.

this is so yummy.

everyone looks at her. she blinks, flustered. she puts her spoon down and looks around.

"what? is there something wrong?" she asks confused, again. everyone chuckles.

"your reaction to the cake was priceless!" james says with a small grin. she clears her throat, embarrassed.

"sorry.. it's really nice." chantelle says shrugging her shoulders. liam shakes his head and continues to eat his cake.

"what are we going to do now?" matt asks speaking for the very first time. chantelle looks over at him and sees that his hair is swept backwards, so you can see his piercing, electric blue eyes. she turns away and looks outside through the open door.

"maybe we could go to crazy arcade." she says quietly. liam slings his arm around her shoulder, lightly. he smirks and smiles.

"yeah.. i've been dying to beat you losers at some video games." he says squeezing her shoulder. she looks at him with a dazed expression.

"losers?! ha!" matt says smugly. liam narrows his eyes at him. "i win every game."

"really?" chantelle asks interested. matt nods his head with pride. liam snickers.

"you're so gullible, dela, he's trying to impress you." he says rolling his eyes. she looks up at him when he says that word. she pinches his hand, annoyed.

"ow!" he exclaims as everyone looks at him, confused. he chuckles, lightly and waves it off.

"sorry.. i didn't realise-" he starts. he stops when he sees chantelle glaring at him. everybody starts to laugh.

"anyways, let's go to crazy arcade." rachel says grinning. everyone nods and gathers their things.