chapter 31.

30th April - thursday

"liam.." chantelle mumbles as liam grips onto her waist in his sleep. he groans before rolling away, giving chantelle some space.

"thank you.." she says to herself as she gets up to go downstairs into her living room.

she glances towards the left and sees her mum sitting on the sofa with her feet up. chantelle gasps, slightly causing her to look over.

"mum! i didn't know you were here." chantelle says with a weary smile. mrs walker nods and purses her lips in thought.

"yes.. i got let off early today." she says watching as chantelle licks her lips, nervously.

"is there something wrong?" she asks. chantelle shakes her head and smiles, tightly.

"no." she mumbles before retreating upstairs, again. but just then, simon walks out and is about to gotowards the living room.

in an attempt to stop him, chantelle grabs his arm and drags him away.

"hey!" he screeches in pain. chantelle shushes him and throws him an icy glare.

"be quiet, liam is asleep!" she says as simon rolls his eyes. chantelle lets go of simon and rushes back to her bedroom.

she sees liam sleeping soundly on her bed and a small, comforting smile appears on her lips.

meanwhile, simon is downstairs watching the television with mrs walker.

he glances towards her as a small, devious smirk appears on his lips.

"mum.." he starts slowly. "liam's in chantelle's room."

"excuse me?!" she says slightly shocked. "who the bloody hell is liam?"

"the boy next-door." simon mumbles, quietly. but it turns out that was all she needed to hear before rushing up the stairs.

hannah bursts into chantelle's room. chantelle jumps up in surprise and looks towards the door. she sees her mum looking at her, furious.

oh no!

chantelle gulps as her mum drags her out of the room.

"i can explain." chantelle says quickly. hannah nods and narrows her dark brown eyes at her.

"go ahead." she hisses, slightly impatient.

"liam and i.. we're together but not together, in a sense that we both like each other but we aren't going out." she says as if she's almost trying to convince herself. mrs walker stares at her, in utter disbelief.

"chantelle.. you've only just met-" she starts but chantelle stops her.

"i know that, mum. but liam needs me just as much as i need him." she says with a small smile on her lips. "if we both want to move on from our pasts, we have to do it together."

mrs walker has so many questions but she doesn't ask, knowing that chantelle won't answer them.

"okay.." she says watching her daughter walk back into her bedroom. mrs walker follows behind her slowly, just so she can take a look.

she sees him laying on her bed, his hair sprawled out on the pillow. his small, adorable snores make his lips rise and fall.

"he's cute." hannah comments, quietly. chantelle feels her face heat up, in embarrassment.

"i know,"

liam wakes up to the sound of chantelle's sweet voice calling out him.

"liam.." she whispers, softly. he smiles as he opens his eyes. he blinks a few times so he can adjust to the bright light. liam notices that chantelle is leaning against her desk, looking at him with kind eyes.

"what?" he asks moving closer to her. she watches him, carefully. "what's the matter?"

"nothing.." she says moving closer to touch his cheek. liam smiles as her familiar touch, comforts him.

"can't i just look at you for fun?" she asks watching a small grin creep onto his face.

"of course.. but you're slightly worrying me." he says before placing a small kiss on her nose. "is everything okay?"

"yeah.. i'm fine." she says before kissing his lips, softly.

but the truth is.. she's just too busy thinking of lydia's horrible words and how it has caused her to doubt liam.

chantelle blinks and tries to fight back against the negative words. liam notices her distant expression and touches her cheek, in attempt to gain her attention.

"maybe.. we should get some air." liam says taking her arm, chantelle nods and follows behind him.

as they take a few steps into the front garden, chantelle shivers as she takes a seat next to liam on one of their deckchairs.

liam holds her in his arms, tightly. chantelle smiles as his body warms her up.

"i'm sorry for the way i've been acting.. it's just a lot of things have been said." she says looking at him, sadly.

"it was lydia, wasn't it?" he asks watching as she looks away from him.

"what did she say to you?" he asks before licking his lips. chantelle tries to keep it in but the annoying, worthless tears start flowing.

"she said.. our 'relationship' isn't going to last long-" she stops when she sees the angry look on liam's pale face. "she told me.. that you were only using me to get back at her for what she did to you."

"and you.. believed her? is that why you got annoyed with me yesterday?" liam asks watching chantelle wipe away her pathetic tears away.

"i tried to tell her that you wouldn't do that, but she just kept on persisting and i didn't know what to do." she mumbles watching his eyes darken. "she just made me feel worthless in that moment,"

"it's okay.. that's how she made me feel after our encounter that night." liam says pulling her closer to him.

"i think that she still has feelings for you," chantelle says as liam clutches onto her small, frail body. he scoffs at that idea and rolls his eyes.

"really?" liam asks, while chantelle nods. "well.. she doesn't matter, because i'm all yours now."

chantelle smiles at his cute comment and kisses him, somewhat passionately. he responds by squeezing her waist, provocatively. she chuckles and lets him slide his smooth tongue into her mouth. liam groans as he feels chantelle's hands running through his hair. he can taste her addictive strawberry lipgloss in his mouth and he smiles. chantelle pulls away and realises that she is straddling him. liam's hot hands rest on her bare thighs and she watches as he moves them up to her cheeks, which are now burning, furiously. liam smiles as he notices how shy she has become.

"i like it when your like this." he whispers while trailing his nose along her exposed collarbone. chantelle feels a ball of fire resting in the pit of her stomach but she just chuckles and ignores it.

"like what?" she asks acting oblivious. he chuckles and places a small kiss on her neck, then watches her become tense. he continues to suck on her sweet spot, mischievously. chantelle lets out a small, quiet moan which causes liam to grin.

"like this." he says gesturing to her aroused and confused state. she gets up and glares at him.

"shut up,"