1.

This is a sequel! Make sure to read "Unexpected" first or you will be LOST

One year later

Calum

"I fucking hate interviews." I mumble as I follow my band mates into the studio. Luke shoots me a glare but his gaze quickly softens as he considers my current situation. I know it's important for us to have content about the band being put out every so often, and I get the point of it, but I still hate them. I especially hate them at this particular time, when I don't want to talk about my personal life, or at least what's left of it.

"Hello boys!" The girl from the radio station says as we enter. Her dark hair and petite frame remind me of Jes. We're in LA today, home away from home, or at least it's supposed to be. So much has changed since last August and now nowhere really feels like home.

"So guys, you've released your 4th album and you're wrapping up your tour for it. What's next?"

"Think we're gonna take a little break and focus on our families for the next bit here. Michael's wedding is this weekend, Sierra and my own is in a few months, Ash wants to spend time with KayKay, Cal wants to see his kid. So I think it's good we've got some time away from touring, we'll be writing and recording but it'll be nice to be in one place with the people we love for a while." Luke says.

"Cal, how is Paisley?"

"She's great." I say, forcing a smile, wanting the attention off of me, and fast. We are nearing dangerous territory.

"Do you still talk to Jes? How does that work?"

"Shit." Micheal says under his breath.

I feel my face go red and my carefully hidden anger begins to surface.

"So I guess fuck the question parameters we gave you, yeah?" I shove my chair back and walk out. I don't care that I'm making a scene, I don't care that I didn't much less start, let alone finish the interview. I can't be bothered to care about anything really.

"Cal wait!" Ash calls out to me.

"Fuck off, Ash." I spit.

"You can't keep doing this!"

"Why? I agreed to do the damn interview for the band on the basis that we don't talk about her. You know how I get Ash." I say my eyes filling with tears. I fight them back and look away.

"Cal..."

I just shake my head. Maybe if I understood I wouldn't be so sensitive about the whole thing, maybe if it made sense I'd be able to talk about it.

"Why'd she do it man?" I say my voice thick. "Why'd she leave me?"

Jes

"C'mon Pais." I say to my toddler as she crawls towards me. She nears my feet and reaches up with her hands. I bend down scooping her up and she laces her chubby arms around my neck.

"Dada." I sigh as a pang resounds through my heart.

"I know baby. I know you want your Dada. Auntie Lena will be here soon to take you to him." I say kissing the top of her hair. It's dark and a mess of curls, just like Cal's.

She hugs herself closer to me and I move through our little house, the one I'd lived in when I'd first met Calum. I bring her bag with me, selecting several baby food containers and sliding them in to hold her over until he'd be able to get her some for his own home.

Fuck, I hate having to do this. Breaking off the engagement had made sense at the time I'd done it. Now, six months later, I barely even remember why I'd done it. It's for the best, at least for him, but that doesn't mean it doesn't kill me a little more each day.

I miss Calum. I miss us. I miss being a family.

My phone rings on the counter and I spin around grabbing it. I slide the screen to answer the call and switch it to speaker as I finish placing things in PK's bag with her on my hip.

"Hey Lenny." I call.

"Hey Jes." She says her voice a strange tone.

"What's wrong?" I ask my stomach dropping.

"I'm really sorry Jes but my car's acting up. I can't switch Paisley off for you today. I'm so, so sorry."

I let out a groan and pinch the space between my eyes.

"Fuck." I mutter.

"Fuck." I look down and glare at my giggling 15 month old. I have got to start watching my mouth around her, now that she's in to trying to repeat everything I say.

I put PK on the floor and she crawls aimlessly towards the living room, like she knows what's about to happen. I rub my eyes and try to psych myself up for this. I'd done my best to avoid him since our breakup. I'd deactivated my social media's and instructed Lena to only update me on a need to know basis. I knew he'd been quiet in interviews, completely avoiding discussing our breakup and he hadn't been seen out with anyone.

The thought of seeing him makes me equal parts terrified and ecstatic. There's no other option so I zip up the baby bag and collect Paisley from the floor. I head out to my car, the Range Rover SUV Calum had insisted on buying me because of its safety rating along with my previous cars age and tendency to break down. I felt guilty every time I got behind the wheel but my options were limited.

When Cal and I had split I'd taken my marginal event planning success and decided to run with it instead of returning to Wild child. I did decent for myself, bringing in enough money to make sure P and I were well taken care of. I didn't ask Calum for anything, and he didn't offer. I didn't make enough to buy a car as nice as this and I was scared to push the issue.

Cal had been on tour the past three months with only two breaks in between to come home and spend any kind of time with Paisley. He FaceTimed every night and I placed the phone in front of her and let them "speak" until he hung up. Our text were short and to the point, centered solely on P and her well being.

I wrangle P into her car seat before climbing in behind the wheel and making the drive to Calum's house, the one that used to be ours.

He appears beside my car the moment I manage to free Paisley from her seat.

"Finally decided to grow a set and face me yourself?" I close my eyes and release my breath.

"I'm not in the mood Calum. Lena's car is broken so I didn't have a choice but to come." I grab the bag from the back seat and shove it into his hands. He throws it over his shoulder and reaches for Paisley who happily goes to him. "She just ate, she'll need a nap around four. I sent enough food for today and breakfast tomorrow you'll have to go to the store before then for more after that. She's still not walking by herself but so help me God if she takes her first steps while she's here and you don't record it I will murder you."

"Well you wouldn't have to worry about that if you hadn't of left me." He says.

"Please Calum, let's not make this harder. It's what's for the best."

"Best for who? Certainly not me, not you, not her, so who is this best for?"

"Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Then when are we gonna talk about it Jes? You've barely spoken to me in six months. So tell me a time and place and I'll be there."

"Cal, stop."

"Whatever. I'll see you on Saturday. Is her outfit for the wedding in here?"

"No, I'll bring it with me and get her dressed. Just have her clean and her hair washed."

"I know how to fucking take care of her."

"Oh also, she mimics now and she said f-u-c-k this morning so try to watch the swearing."

He only nods, turning on his heel and disappearing into the house.

An: 😅😅😅 don't hate me. Stick with it I promise. This was ALWAYS what was supposed to happen.

Ily
Sav 🖤