37.

16 weeks

Jes

I had to act quickly. I knew Cal would be onstage in like ten minutes, so time was of the essence. I made my way through the area for those of us with side stage access out to the space near the front of the stage. I'd already worked out my plan with security, now I just had to hope the fans would agree to help me.

I walk swiftly towards Calum's side of the stage and approach the girls standing at the barricade.

"Holy shit. Aren't you Calum's wife?" The first girl asks as she stares at me. She has bright pink hair and is dressed in all black a chain similar to Cal's looped around her neck.

"Um, hi. Yeah, I'm Jes! I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"

They look at me expectantly.

"I've never gotten to watch from the crowd so I was wondering if you'd let me stand with you just for a song or two, and in return, I'll get your twitter names and give them to Cal and make sure he follows you."

"You can totally stand here, hold on." The pink haired girl's friend says. She is a strawberry blonde with freckles dressed in a long sleeved crop top with acid wash denim shorts. She and her friends take a step back, having to push against the crowd as I'm helped over the barricade to stand amongst the fans.

I take down as many of their twitter names as I can hear as the girls begin to pepper me with questions.

"What's it like being married to Cal?"

"He's amazing. He's gone a lot though so sometimes it's really hard. Especially with Paisley, she's obsessed with her dad, she hates when he's gone."

"Are his cheeks as squishy as they look?" The pink haired girl asks. I blush and laugh.

"Oh yes. He loathes when I pinch them though."

"Is it true the boys have a new album coming?"

"Yeah! I think they're almost done with it. I begged Cal for the setlist to see if they're playing anything new but he wouldn't tell me so maybe we'll all get lucky tonight!"

"He didn't tell you?"

"Nope." I say letting my annoyance show. "He gets a kick out of irritating me like that." The warm June air has cooled off as the day has progressed. 5SOS being a headliner goes on just as the sun truly sets, leaving the amphitheater stage coated in darkness apart from the lights illuminating four of my absolute best friends as they charge the stage.

The girls around me squeal and their excitement is contagious. I find myself yelling and cheering along. The boys break into She Looks So Perfect, their go-to opener these days. As Luke says, 'Better to just get it out of the way.'

Calum looks annoyed, an obvious change in his demeanor from earlier and I feel a little guilty for not being there to wish him good luck before he went on. I'd told the girls to not draw attention to me and just act like I'm another fan. So far they seem completely fine with ignoring my presence and enjoying their favorite band. My only concern in all of this had been making sure the baby was safe but even though the girls have no idea that I'm pregnant, they're giving me space.

Cal stays moody through their second song offering little to the stage conversation during the break between them.

"Why's he so upset?" The pink haired girl, who had told me her name was Josie, asks.

"Probably because I was supposed to be side stage before he went on and he's a clingy, soft, little fucker."

"Aw, that's so cute." Her blonde friend, Maci adds.