16.

Calum

Left. Right. Left. Right. Stop. Breathe.

I focus all of my attention on getting myself in position at the front of the makeshift aisle we've created in the middle of the vineyard. When I finally reach my spot I look to my left at my best friends.

The boys are all groomsmen. Ashton stands directly to my left, my best man. Someday I'll repay him the favor as Luke and Micheal had done. At the end of the line is Mitchy as much as he hung around with us he was basically a part of the band as well and I'd needed another groomsmen to keep the numbers even. The music begins as the officiant, Jes' Dad's preacher, stands at the head of the aisle. The winter grapes on the vines make it hard to see anyone before they appear at the end of the aisle. This only serves to build my anticipation as the bridesmaids begin their procession in.

Jes picked the music and I'm not shocked to hear the girls walk in to 'I Do' by A Rocket to the Moon. They'd been one of Jes' favorite bands and she'd told me once she wanted this song played at her wedding. Crystal comes first, then Sierra, I see Ashton shift uncomfortably when Mali comes in, skipping over the spot that should be for Kay. I try not to dwell on the fact that their should be five bridesmaids instead of four and instead look back up just in time to see Lena make her way down. The girls all look beautiful in their navy gowns that compliment our navy tuxes, but my eyes are still being pulled to the top of the aisle where my girl will step through shortly.

I rock back and forth on my heels in anxiousness as I wait for her arrival.

Paisley and Duke are next. If I had any doubts of Jes being perfect for me, they were dashed when she'd suggested Duke be our ring bearer. I fucking love that woman.

Duke walks happily beside P as she throws her white flowers from her basket. It's her best flower girl performance yet and she toddles over to me when she reaches the front of the space.

"Daddy! P do good?" She asks and I kiss her cheek before replying.

"You did so, so good bubs! Does mommy look pretty?"

"Mommy pwetty Daddy!"

I kiss her once more before asking if she wants to go to uncle Ash. She extends her arms and I hand her off, bending down to pet Duke and untie the rings from the little bow tie Jes had found for him.

"Good job, buddy!" I say scratching his ears as he flops down on the grass beside my feet.

The music changes to 'Goodnight Moon' by GoRadio, another of Jes' favorites. The singer tells a story about a love so strong it steals your breath, and that's exactly what she does as I finally catch sight of Jes, clutching her Dad's arm.

Our eyes lock as she moves towards me. It's like time stands still. Her dress is gorgeous no doubt. Delicate, long, lace sleeves fading into an A-line shape that leaves me speechless, but it only highlights the indescribable beauty of the woman wearing it. I can't stop the stupid grin coating my face or the tears that fall from my eyes. She looks like an angel.

My chest tightens with every step she takes closer, my nerves building. The preacher gestures for me to join Jes and her dad and I do. Standing beside her I turn to whisper, "you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, I love you." She smiles and takes my hand in hers squeezing tightly. I can feel her pulse racing through her veins even from this limited contact as we stand next to each other though, both our worries seem to ease.

"Who gives this woman to be wedded to this man?" The preacher asks.

"Her mother, her step-mother, and I." Jes turns to hug her dad as he intertwines our hands before shaking my free one and patting my back as he heads to his seat beside Christina. Given Christina's current shocked expression I'm guessing she didn't know Jes had asked for her to be included in giving her away. I think she underestimates how much Jes has come to love her in the past year and a half.