2.

Cal

"Just get here, man." I say into my phone, ending my call with Ash.

Since the breakup my best friend had literally been key to my survival. He stayed with me the first few nights making sure I ate and showered and generally didn't die. When we were on tour he saved me from myself and kept me from completely ruining my life with alcohol, girls, and whatever else I could find. Of course all my friends tried to help me but no one really could. Losing Jes was a pain I literally never could've prepared for, and the way I lost her had only amplified my suffering.

I glance in on Paisley and smile when I see she's content to play with her toys in her play room. She's the only good thing in my life right now, the saving grace in this hell I'm living through.

I hear the front door open and shut accompanied by footsteps until I'm face to face with Ashton.

"Bringing back the bandana's?" I ask unable to contain a laugh.

"KayKay said it looked cool." His face falls into a pout.

"As long as the misses likes it." I say my shoulder slumping.

"So you gonna stop stalling and tell me what happened?"

"Lenny's car broke down so Jes had to bring Paisley herself. It was..." I shake my head trying to find the words to describe it. "Shit." Is all I manage to come up with.

"Shit." An innocent little voice repeats and I whip my head to the play room just as Ash hits the back of my head.

"Jes mentioned she was doing that."

"Oh great, your one-year old knows a variety of curse words. You guys are doing swell. I told you both not to swear in front of her! See what you've done!"

"Not like I do anything else right. I don't know why it's a surprise."

"Don't be like that Cal."

"I mean, it's the truth. I fucked up constantly this tour, I almost missed PK's first birthday, the fans are still pissed at me, and Jes...it's just a mess. My life is a mess."

"Watch your mouth." He says punching my arm.

"Damn it. I mean crap!" I yell growing frustrated.

"Cal you don't mess everything up. We all make errors every show it's why we practice. It's never going to be perfect. You didn't miss her birthday which is what's important, you basically willed yourself there on time. The fans were never mad at you they just like seeing you happy and interactive. This Jes thing, it's gonna all work out. You and her...it's storybook stuff. I truly believe you are meant to be and you both just need time. You both have stuff to work out, just give it time."

"Time? Ash it's been six months."

"Show her some patience Cal. She's going through stuff too."

"She chose to go through it! I didn't!" I scream letting my emotions take over and Paisley begins to cry.

Ash gives me a sideways look of agitation before stepping through the door way and scooping up his Goddaughter.

"Hi sweet girl."

She doesn't respond but leans her head against Ash's shoulder. He rubs her back softly until her tears subside. When she's calmed down he sits down with her and hands her one of her books, letting her sit in his lap as she flips through the thick pages. When she's entertained he returns his attention to me.

"What are you doing about the wedding?"

I cover my face with my hands and drag them downwards as I release a sigh.

"I dunno. She's the wedding planner, I'm a groomsman, our kid is the flower girl. Obviously we're gonna have to see each other and it needs to be cordial, I refuse to ruin Michael and Crystal's day."

"Try not to stress it mate. Whatever is meant to be, will be."

"Yeah, well I wish I could give fate a little shove in the right direction." I say joining he and Paisley on the floor and smiling as she crawls over to curl up in my lap.

"Someone seems tired. You ready for your nap already?" I kiss the top of her head and snuggle her close as her eyes grow heavy.

Jes

"Lenny, I'm freaking the fuck out."

"Calm down."

"Why the fuck would you tell me to calm down? That never makes anyone calm down."

"Jes, breathe. Everything is gonna be okay."

"I have to see him."

"I know."

"I have to speak to him."

"I know."

"In a wedding setting."

"How can I help?" She replies, her voice filled with something that sounds an awful lot like pity.

"I don't know. Is it bad if I don't know what I want?"

"What do you mean?" She asks, obviously confused by my question.

"I mean...what if this was stupid? What if I'm meant to be with him, meant to be a family with he and Paisley and I've ruined everything because I'm scared?"

"If it's meant to be Jes, it'll happen. But you wanted time apart for a reason, and I don't know, I just don't think you've found what you were needing yet. Remember all the things we talked about when you decided to end it? I think they're still there. If you try to get back with him before you've resolved your own issues I fear you may ruin things between you two forever."

I soak all her words in knowing she's right, at least about the things she knows. If she knew the full truth I don't know what she'd think. I have no real response so I simply sigh.

"Are you almost here?"

"Pulling in now babe."

"Thank God." I sigh in relief. "My curling wand is ready for you."

An hour and a half later my hair is curled and styled in an updo that hits just at the base of my neck. Lena leaves a few pieces loose that helps to dram my face and my makeup is soft yet elegant, a natural smoky eye and a pink lip.

"Like it?" Lena asks and I simply nod. I'm too nervous to offer much more than that.

"I'm really glad you're coming with me. I don't know what I'd do without you Lenny." I finally force out.

"Anything for you babe. What time are you supposed to be at the venue?"

"Soon."

"Well stop wasting daylight and let's go then." I roll my eyes at her and grab my bag. I force down my nervousness and follow her out to my car. We climb in and head off towards the private lake front space Mikey and Crystal have picked for their ceremony.

I know I'm the wedding planner and my thoughts should probably be focused on the days schedule and the million and one things I have to do in the next few hours, but all I can think about are Calum's chocolate brown eyes and dimpled smile.

I truly and utterly fucked up.