49

An: THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE READ 48 FIRST

40 weeks

Jes

"Hood?" The receptionist at the massage center calls and I stand and follow her back the long, stark white hallway.

She leaves me to undress in privacy. I slide the clothes from my worn and tired body, slipping under the sheet on the massage table. Calum, ever the thorough and loving husband and daddy he is, found a clinic that specializes in maternal massage so the table is specially fitted with a section cut away to fit my baby bump.

I lay on the table and place my face in the cut out for it and await my masseuse. She enters and asks a variety of questions about my current pains and my pressure preferences. Once she's gotten the needed information she sets to work kneading away the tension in all of my aching muscles.

When the hour is up I'm feeling better than I have in weeks and I can't wait to get home for some quality time with Cal.

"Calum?" I call through the house when I arrive home. We have the place to ourselves for the evening, Paisley is staying with my parents and Joy at my old house tonight.

"I'm finishing laundry baby." He calls back from the mud room.

"Thank you! I'm gonna go ahead and run a bath." I say, kicking off my shoes by the door.

"Be there in a minute!" He yells back.

I pad into the bathroom, spinning the hot water tap. As the tub slowly fills, I pull my hair back into a bun and tug my sweatshirt and leggings off.

Cal wanders in just as I'm slipping into the warm water. He strips down and slides into the tub behind me. I lean against his chest, closing my eyes and sighing in contentment as he uses his hands to splash water over my swollen stomach.

"I'm gonna miss this a bit." He says quietly against my ear. "You're so beautiful all the time, but I dunno, it's extra special when I know you're carrying our baby."

"You're such a softie when you wanna be." I say, reaching my hand back and wrapping it around his neck. I tug gently and pull him down for a kiss.

"I hope Ryker likes me."

"Well considering Paisley literally adores you I'm sure he's gonna want to grow up to be exactly like his dad." I say, a soft smile adorning my face.

"I just hope I can be a dad worth looking up to. Sometimes I feel like I just fuck everything up."

"What? Are you serious? Calum, you're literally the best dad our kids could hope for. You love them and me unconditionally, you spoil Paisley rotten, and I know Ryker will be the same, you make time out of your ridiculously busy schedule for us, even when you're on tour and the times zones are shit. You're the best."

"I love you." He says simply, following my spiel.

"I love you. I'm so glad you're my baby daddy." I laugh and he splashes me before pulling me back against him.

We splash and laugh in the water as time ticks away, knowing our time together with just the two of us is precious and rare. It's these moments though where I'm so intimately reminded of the amazing man Calum is. I'm so undeserving of his love, he could have any woman in the world and fate gave him to me anyways.

"Lean forward, honey." He says once the water has cooled, pushing lightly against me. He stands and towels off before offering his hand to me and helping me out of the water.

He wraps me in the fluffy towel and helps me to sit on the bed returning with a pair of underwear he slides up my legs and a faded T-shirt of his he slips over my head.