drugin' | twelve.

July 17, 2018

               "What is up? It's Angela Yee, Gigi Maguire and Lore'l

"What is up? It's Angela Yee, Gigi Maguire and Lore'l. This is Lip Service. We have a special guest for the first time, Miss Shantey Ledé."

"Hey," Shantey smiles, holding a drink in her hand. "I'm happy to be here."

"We're glad to have you," Angela says, "you just released your single Ex a few months ago and it's already went platinum. Congratulations."

"Thank you," she says since she received the news during her soundcheck for the Brooklyn performance the previous day. "I'm blessed right now."

"Yes, and Ex is definitely my song," Lore'l speaks. "I was just jamming that on the way here. I be hitting notes swearing I'm sounding just like you."

Shantey chuckles, "aye, songs take you there. I know this."

"Ex seem like a record you wrote for an old boyfriend you didn't want to let go of."

"That's what it's about," Shantey confirms. "A time in my life I saw an ex dating someone else and I wasn't with that. Like, he mine. But that's why I wrote, hit ya girl up with a text, when your alone and feelin' stressed because at that time I was down with being that side chick."

"We all go through one of them days, honey." Gigi comments with a chuckle.

"I know I did." Lore'l agrees, drinking from her clear cup.

"Y'all came through with this Don Julio," Shantey mentions the liquor on the table beside the ice and the Minute Maid Lemonade bottle. "How y'all know I fuck with this?"

"Your manager. She told us so we made sure got the bottle for you. She said Hennessy, too but she mentioned you be getting to nasty with that in ya system."

"And she's right," Shantey cracks laughter. "I drink Hennessy I'll hoping on somebody's baby daddy's dick, honey. Don Julio with this Lemonade mixture perfectly fine."

"Who baby daddies? Yours, perhaps?" Lore'l asks, looking at Shantey.

Shantey smirks, "let me sip on this drink," she takes a sip of her liquor and clicks her tongue after she swallows.